Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93927 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 111 of 271

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

I'll bet that over 90% of the posts we get on here are related to incorrect account setup or a basic system failure.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 112 of 271

ChrisH52
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, certainly seems that way. Lack of comeback to the same issues with a solution doesn’t help either - I found numerous threads on here regarding FaceTime and iMessage activation issues but never any resolutions posted… 

Message 113 of 271

Ethanzo
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! I have the same issue since I recently switched providers. Could anyone provide any help?

Message 114 of 271

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Morning slight_smile

@O2Ryan would you mind taking a look at this for @Ethanzo?

Message 115 of 271

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 116 of 271

SIBA
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Another one for help please slight_smile Ported from SIM to eSim and now iMessage just hangs on trying to activate, thanks!

Message 117 of 271

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38272 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@SIBA wrote:

Another one for help please slight_smile Ported from SIM to eSim and now iMessage just hangs on trying to activate, thanks!

Hi @SIBA - tagging @O2Ryan to this, he is on from 8am or so this morning, watch out for a PM from him looking for more details. Good luck!

Message 118 of 271

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 119 of 271

Stewart25
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, i am having the same unsuccessful activation issue for iMessage & FaceTime after my port in from EE to o2. Have tried all suggestions on this thread but still no luck. Please could somebody look into this for me? Thank you 😁

Message 120 of 271