Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

Bmastergeneral
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers @pgn! Wasn’t expecting a response until Monday, hopefully will get this resolved soon! 😁

Message 61 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn.

@Bmastergeneral I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 62 of 271

KSingh
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- i’m having the same issue with iMessage and FaceTime not activating for my number. Ported from EE to O2. Your help would be much appreciated. 

Message 63 of 271

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36421 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@O2KyleW is the advisor on right now, @KSingh - keep an eye on your PMs for the next couple of hours.

Message 64 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @KSingh. I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 65 of 271

Uzma92
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, 

COuld you help me with an error code 14 that keeps coming up when I try to connect mobile services on my apple watch. No one on 202 seems to be of any help to me. I have seen online you have helped others. I have purchased my apple watch ultra with 02 on contract and havent been getting the mobile service I am paying for. Really need your help, Thank you so much. 

Message 66 of 271

pgn
  • 36421 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Uzma92 wrote:

Hi Lisa, 

COuld you help me with an error code 14 that keeps coming up when I try to connect mobile services on my apple watch. No one on 202 seems to be of any help to me. I have seen online you have helped others. I have purchased my apple watch ultra with 02 on contract and havent been getting the mobile service I am paying for. Really need your help, Thank you so much. 

@O2Ryan is on from 8am Weds, @Uzma92 - look out for a Private Message here on the Forum in the morning, and good luck!

Message 67 of 271

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 68 of 271

SH21
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m also experiencing this issue and have tried resetting network settings and logging out of iCloud  @O2Ryan @O2Sarah @O2Lisa 

Message 69 of 271

pgn
  • 36421 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@SH21 wrote:

I’m also experiencing this issue and have tried resetting network settings and logging out of iCloud  O2Ryan O2Sarah O2Lisa 

@SH21 - @O2nath_ci is the O2 Adviser on shift currently, look out for a Private Message here on the Forum presently, and good luck!

Message 70 of 271