Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94085 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @jonsie I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 52 of 271

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Sara87 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 53 of 271

Sara87
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @jonsie, waiting for emma's reply this morning however nothing seems to of worked overnight still having activation unsuccessful and my number is on verifying. 😞 I give up.

Found out yesterday that 2 out of the 3 masts we are in proximity of have faults, one of which has been out since June. Would explain why we have had such a change in signal recently.

Message 54 of 271

DavidSG
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

[deleted]

Message 55 of 271

DavidSG
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- I'm having the same problems as others - both iMessage and FaceTime failing to activate after porting to O2 from EE. Have tried everything I can think of, including setting iPhone up from scratch. Are you able to help? Thanks!

Message 56 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning @DavidSG. Thanks for the tag. I'll send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 57 of 271

DavidSG
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you - all seems to be working now. Thanks so much!

Message 58 of 271

Bmastergeneral
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah I’m also experiencing this problem with iMessage & FT since switching from EE 4 days ago, have tried all the aforementioned solutions with no success, any chance somebody can look into this for me please? 

Message 59 of 271

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38499 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

@Bmastergeneral wrote:

Hi @O2Sarah I’m also experiencing this problem with iMessage & FT since switching from EE 4 days ago, have tried all the aforementioned solutions with no success, any chance somebody can look into this for me please? 

No advisors today, @Bmastergeneral - if you have no desire to try the O2 Social Media Team, links for Twitter and Facebook just below this post, then @O2Sarah- is on duty Monday morning.  Keep an eye on your PMs, and good luck!

Message 60 of 271