Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to share data

ladyevelynme
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

during lockdown i've been relying on my data due to bad wifi at home, however, I'm now running low on data and I'm part of a family plan which claims that I am able to share and receive data from my mum's phone, but Ive been unable to do so on both the app and on desktop, please help especially since I am unable to call o2 customer service unless its serious. thank you for taking the time to read this

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi Ladyevelynme

Family plan enables customers to get a discounted rate on multiple lines, it does not allow you to share data between those lines. Your mum can set her phone up as a wifi hotspot which you can connect to like you would your wifi at home which will come out of her allowance. 

Alternativley you can add more data or change your tariff through the My O2 app Guide: My O2 - Bolt-ons  Guide: How-to guide for My O2 

Hope this helps 

Stacey slight_smile 

signature
Message 2 of 8

Ged6764
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Stacey  

I have a similar problem, where I have 4 devices which all indicate they have shareable data, but when I go to my 02 there is no link to set up a device as lead (as per the guidance in the help section

cheers

Ged

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Ged6764 

You can only share data if you are all on sharer plans https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

O2Stacey
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi Ged 

If all your lines have thier own individual data allowance they are not sharer plans and you will not be able to share data. Only specific sharer deals which have no data allowance can share from a lead/primary line. 

Shareable data - You can add an additional line to this account with no data allowance that will share data from the lead/primary line. 

Alternatively you can share data by turning a device into a personal hotspot. This is usually found under settings -mobile data or connectivity.

Hope this helps

Stacey slight_smile 

Unfortunately i cannot access your account to check. If this is no help i would advise to persevere with customer services. 

signature
Message 5 of 8

O2Stacey
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

@MI5  Much more helpful than me rambling on trying to explain the difference lol! You're an absolute pro! 

signature
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@O2Stacey wrote:

@MI5  Much more helpful than me rambling on trying to explain the difference lol! You're an absolute pro! 

Is that our Stacey @O2Stacey ?open_mouth

Message 7 of 8

Ged6764
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Stacey  thanks so much, makes absolute sense now. Didn't understand that from the help pages 

Message 8 of 8