Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM call divert issue/concern

Stantheman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with O2 for years and recently took out a new sim deal with the option of having a eSIM, I chose the eSIM, I use an iPhone and have upgraded to a new iPhone model.

I started noticing a problem with the number of times my phone rings before going to voicemail, it was considerably fewer rings now compared to when I had a physical sim. 
After searching online I discovered I could change my call divert settings via MyO2 and went to this MyO2 page. 

However on going to this page my call divert was set up to:

Divert all calls Not active, Not reachable and On another call Telephone number (a mobile number I do not recognise and never set up)

No reply Voicemail undefined sec

I have tried to amend these settings 3 times having to wait 2 hours for the changes to effect each time. 
When I then check the now updated call divert settings, my changes appear to have worked with exception to the number of times my phone rings before going to voicemail. I keep putting in 20 seconds but it will not alter from undefined sec and my phone rings I think for 5 seconds before going to voicemail. 

Today I phoned O2 after checking the settings on the app, O2 read out to me the call divert settings they had for my mobile number and read out a different mobile number that has been set up to divert calls for when I’m not reachable or on another call, it was another mobile number different to the one I had found the first time. When I checked MyO2 call divert settings, they were different to what O2 were telling me. 

I voiced my concern that this is a security issue, I was advised to dial ##002# to cancel all diverts. I asked for a physical sim concerned this was a eSIM issue but told it would cancel my eSIM so I’d have no phone until the physical sim arrived. An alternative option was to go to a O2 store, I said I’d do this otherwise I’d have no phone for a few days. 

After the call I dialled ##002#, I get a grey screen with an error and numerous setting erasure failed messages, I have made many attempts dealing this number/code without success. 

I have signed back into MyO2 to cancel all diverts, I have no confidence this will work and I’m concerned my eSIM is being altered by someone else or it’s faulty.

Can anyone advise what is wrong or if I’m doing something wrong, any suggestions greatly appreciated?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149691 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28520 Solutions

@Stantheman 

Try disabling wifi and wifi calling to send the shortcodes.

Other divert codes and ring time change process in this guide.

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Stantheman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t have Wi-Fi calling enabled, I’ve disabled Wi-Fi, switched from 5g auto, 5g on and 4g and still no joy. 
I’ve managed to disabled call divert via MyO2, I’ve not applied the settings I want, those changes are still pending, keeping my fingers crossed. 

Message 3 of 3