Did you mean: 

eSIM Sim Swap after phone loss/theft

AlbertJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

My mum recently had her phone stolen/lost, it was a SIM only and we've contacted out of hours and had the sim deactivated.

It was an iPhone with an eSIM. Like us all, she can't be without a phone so I'm trying to expedite this where possible.

When she got the this phone new, I went into an O2 Store and got a eSIM pack, they ask for details and I'll say I will do the SIM swap myself.

She can't get to an O2 Store because of work, if I pick her up a pack again, are we able to perform a SIM Swap if the previous was reported as lost or contact customer services to do so, just trying to avoid the delivery time it would take for one to arrive

Only that I believe you need the previous SIM card to perform a sim swap, or perhaps it's only My O2? Happy for any guidance.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@AlbertJ 

An esim can be found and activated in your MyO2 only if on the new 360 billing system.

The only way to know is to check if the option is there for you.

If not, going in store is the best way, but the store will need to activate it and call O2 to remove the account bars that are placed when a loss is reported.

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@AlbertJ 

An esim can be found and activated in your MyO2 only if on the new 360 billing system.

The only way to know is to check if the option is there for you.

If not, going in store is the best way, but the store will need to activate it and call O2 to remove the account bars that are placed when a loss is reported.

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36062 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

Also @AlbertJ - take proof of address and photo id into the O2 Shop with you, or they may not serve you.

Message 3 of 3