Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling Pixel 7 Pro

RogerAndersonUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have Pixel 7 Pro. WiFi calling is enabled (and does work) however it appears to only come on if I toggle Airplane mode on and off. It doesn't seem to automatically enable itself when signal is dropped (I just get 'no service')

This is particularly annoying as I get no phone reception in my house and therefore rely on WiFi calling a lot. Not had this issue on my last phone (OnePlus 7).

I posted about this on Google forum and they suggest I connected network operator so I have come here for advice. Anyone seen similar behaviour? Obviously having to toggle Airplane mode isn't really an acceptable long term solution. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally did the nuclear option of factory reset and didn't restore phone settings from backup.....think it may be fixed. Will report back. 🤞

If this works, all I can think of is that something was copied over from my old phone when I first set it up (I setup Pixel 7 Pro by plugging cable into old OnePlus 7 Pro and copying across all the data)

Message 21 of 60

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions
Message 22 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope. Issue is back unfortunately. Damn, was really hoping that was it. I was sure it was better yesterday. 

Could an app be interfering with it? Can't see what I could have installed that would impact this. 

Message 23 of 60

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Do you have an app installed that is monitoring signal quality? O2's My Network app, or Cellmapper or Network Cell Info, perhaps? Might be worth taking each off in turn for a while, see if any of those are forcing the phone to Cell or to WiFi, as a start, @RogerAndersonUK.

Message 24 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nothing like that installed. Booted up into safe mode which disables all 3rd party apps and it's got the same issue. Wonder if it's one of the 50 or so inbuilt apps that updated themselves from the play store after I did the factory reset. Either way, if it's not working in safe mode after factory reset I don't think there is much else I can do about it, other than waiting for Google or O2 to sort it out. 

Message 25 of 60

GDUB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the same issue. Bought the phone specifically for the wifi calling and ended up standing at the front door taking security texts galore during the set up of the new phone/network. I just toggled 'hotspot' which seems to have done the job. 

I imagine others will have already tried this but for me - for now - it seems to be working. 🙂

Message 26 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What do you mean "toggled hotspot"? Are you referring to using your phone as a WiFi hotspot? 

Message 27 of 60

GDUB
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry. yeah. it didnt work. also this forum is proving to be a pain to post on. i tried to update my post to say i was wrong and got locked out.

Message 28 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Google support have told me after factory reset failed to fix to send my phone in for repair. My gut feel says this is a pointless exercise as this is surely a software fault and don't see how sending it in would help. The hassle of sending in for 7-10 day turnaround is a bit of a pain but may be necessary to get this looked into more. Frustrating. 

Note: Jan 2023 update is just out. Has not improved things either. 

Message 29 of 60

GDUB
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The latest update seems to have fixed it for me. Only after restarting a couple of times. so far it's been two days uninterupted and seemlessly turning back on when i return home. I'm really chuffed cos the toggling on and off was getting very annoying. I hope you manage to resolve yours.

G

Message 30 of 60