Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling Pixel 7 Pro

RogerAndersonUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have Pixel 7 Pro. WiFi calling is enabled (and does work) however it appears to only come on if I toggle Airplane mode on and off. It doesn't seem to automatically enable itself when signal is dropped (I just get 'no service')

This is particularly annoying as I get no phone reception in my house and therefore rely on WiFi calling a lot. Not had this issue on my last phone (OnePlus 7).

I posted about this on Google forum and they suggest I connected network operator so I have come here for advice. Anyone seen similar behaviour? Obviously having to toggle Airplane mode isn't really an acceptable long term solution. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Smithers
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi pgn - thanks for coming back

I tried

restart phone

toggle airplane mode

Disable 5g

Disable 2g.

Didnt do a full comms reset as I dont want the pain in my life in case it breaks something.

Only way to force it is to stick it in aeroplane mode and then add w-fi back in.

Message 31 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried a second factory reset and after the Pixel Jan 2023 update. I copied across no settings and disabled the auto app updates to check if something else was breaking it. Can confirm I have the same issue. So doesn't seem related in any app I have installed or any of the inbuilt apps ruining it after an update.

Considering requesting a brand new sim card from O2 as final test before I commit to sending phone back to Google.

Message 32 of 60

David6000
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any luck with this yet Roger? I have the same issue with my Pixel 7 (not pro) on O2

Message 33 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No luck. I haven't done the SIM card swap yet, haven't had time. My thought was wait for Feb Pixel update (due soon I imagine), if no joy send the phone back. 

I joined the beta for the Google Carrier Services app. It's not helped. 

O2 carrier settings haven't changed since September which means prob nothing happened on O2 end. Whether that matters for this I don't know. 

Screenshot_20230202-170701.png

Message 34 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No change after Feb 2023 update either

Message 35 of 60

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Your Operator settings slightly newer than my Pixel 6a's settings, fyi:

Screenshot_20230207-081902.png

And no Feb 2023 update here - yet.

Message 36 of 60

Alecsa
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same here...same problem..

Message 37 of 60

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

I haven't got a Pixel but I notice the screen shots are for 4G calling (VoLTE )

Although VoLTE uses part of the same system it is distinct from WiFi Calling

On my Samsung there is a setting in the dialer to set WiFi Calling to either network preferred and WiFi preferred. I have mine set to the latter so it doesn't matter if I have no signal or a full 5 bars it will always use WiFi when it is available.

May be a similar setting on the Pixel (it's an Android thing) worth trying it.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 38 of 60

benjnicholls
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem on my Pixel 6. Seemed ok for a month or two after the Android update late last year, but the last one seems to have broken it again.

I don't have a reliable way of getting wi-fi calling up kick back in either. Rebooting sometimes works. In and out of airplane mode doesn't work and it won't connect when in airplane mode with WiFi on.

Message 39 of 60

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@benjnicholls wrote:

Same problem on my Pixel 6. Seemed ok for a month or two after the Android update late last year, but the last one seems to have broken it again.

I don't have a reliable way of getting wi-fi calling up kick back in either. Rebooting sometimes works. In and out of airplane mode doesn't work and it won't connect when in airplane mode with WiFi on.

Probably safer leaving WiFi calling disabled on Pixel 6 range of phones for a couple of weeks until the patch or fix for this issue is released, @benjnicholls 

https://9to5google.com/2023/03/16/google-exynos-modem-vulnerabilities/

Screenshot_20230318-142430.png

Message 40 of 60