Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling Pixel 7 Pro

RogerAndersonUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have Pixel 7 Pro. WiFi calling is enabled (and does work) however it appears to only come on if I toggle Airplane mode on and off. It doesn't seem to automatically enable itself when signal is dropped (I just get 'no service')

This is particularly annoying as I get no phone reception in my house and therefore rely on WiFi calling a lot. Not had this issue on my last phone (OnePlus 7).

I posted about this on Google forum and they suggest I connected network operator so I have come here for advice. Anyone seen similar behaviour? Obviously having to toggle Airplane mode isn't really an acceptable long term solution. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@RogerAndersonUK 

I've never seen that issue on my OP phone and as you never had the issue on a previous phone it would seem to be an issue with the way the Pixel radio handles signal dropouts.

Have you got wifi calling set as priority?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On the Pixel you get two options, you can set WiFi calling as priority or network calling. I've set it as both and not found one performs better than the other. Ideally I would want network priority, that stops it trying to use WiFi calling when I'm out and about places using unknown WiFi networks or places with plenty of mobile signal. 

With OnePlus it was so seemless, in 3 years I never had to think about whether it was on or not....it just worked! 

Screenshot_20221108-195712.png

Message 3 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With either option, if there is no network signal and it's connected to WiFi, WiFi calling should be automatic. So something's going wrong. 

Message 4 of 60

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@RogerAndersonUK 

Yes, that's exactly how it should work so it seems something wrong with Google's firmware.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The December update for Google Pixel specifically mentioned WiFi calling updates and also now has a build specifically for O2 UK, which my phone appears to have switched to. However, there has been no improvement, I still need to toggle airplane mode to get WiFi calling to turn on.

Message 6 of 60

Jaha
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having the same issue. I used to be on EE and WiFi calling was working as intended so this has to be an O2 UK issue.

Message 7 of 60

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Jaha wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I used to be on EE and WiFi calling was working as intended so this has to be an O2 UK issue.

Seems to be some calling glitches with Pixel 7 phones generally, so unsurprising WiFi calling on some networks is affected - take a look here, where 4G/5G switchup and downswitch on a call was being affected, see if anything helps, @Jaha?  Worth a shot...

https://www.slashdigit.com/how-to-fix-call-dropping-issue-on-pixel-7-7-pro/

Message 8 of 60

Smithers
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue here.  Pixel 7 pro on o2 - only works if in aeroplane mode and open up wifi manually.

Message 9 of 60

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Smithers wrote:

Same issue here.  Pixel 7 pro on o2 - only works if in aeroplane mode and open up wifi manually.

Did the tips in the URL in the post just prior to yours help at all, @Smithers?

Message 10 of 60