Did you mean: 

WhatsApp verification code

Louisag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I ported my old Vodafone number to my new o2 iPhone yesterday. I can receive texts and calls and everything is set up correctly except when I try to set up WhatsApp I don’t get the verification code or the callback request.  I have tried uninstalling off old and new device and nothing. Turning off and on etc. 

if I can’t fix this asap I will have to send the phone back 😞 

Thanks, 

Louisa 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulD2 will private message you

Message 21 of 26

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Louisag, an update on this. There's no fix yet but @O2Simon PMed me and looked into it but was unable to sort it, so he raised it with the IT team. They called me this morning and asked a few followup questions and he's not raised it with another team. The IT guy told me it's the first time he's heard of this problem, but if more people report it it will get better priority for being looked into, so please get in touch with Customer Services or one of the O2 team here and get it raised if you haven't already. This applies to anyone else who is having this issue right now.

For clarity I've tried the following so far:

Installed Whatsapp on my new phone (Android) and requested an code via SMS and a callback numerous times with the usual messages of having to wait to try again. Nothing received and no success.

Put my sim in a different phone (iPhone), installed Whatsapp and requested an SMS and callback. Nothing received and no success.

Had a friend who's with a different provider (Vodafone) uninstall their Whatsapp, reinstall it and enter my number for the code and callback requests. I didn't receive anything and the usual messages were shown after a couple of attempts. When they entered their number they received an SMS immediately and logged back in to their account fine.

This last test suggests to me that the SMSs and callbacks are being blocked when being sent from Whatsapp imo but we'll see what O2 come back with.

Message 22 of 26

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, bad typo in that last message, it should read,'They called me this morning and asked a few followup questions and he's now raised it with another team.'

Message 23 of 26

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm honestly tired of waiting. I know its a issue with security side of the port. What is required for a message to sent in terms of a verification code? If that is what's blocking whatsapp verification codes and calls from being recieved then. They should fix this I have no idea why this is taking so long

Message 24 of 26

JP87
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any solution to this? I'm stuck in the exact situation. I really need whatsapp and no solution so far .. 

Message 25 of 26

JP87
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How did you get that to work like this? 

I've tried the same thing on mine and it didn't work.

Message 26 of 26