Did you mean: 

WhatsApp verification code

Louisag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I ported my old Vodafone number to my new o2 iPhone yesterday. I can receive texts and calls and everything is set up correctly except when I try to set up WhatsApp I don’t get the verification code or the callback request.  I have tried uninstalling off old and new device and nothing. Turning off and on etc. 

if I can’t fix this asap I will have to send the phone back 😞 

Thanks, 

Louisa 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Was this issue resolved @Louisag @M25 I'm still waiting on a response from a escalation?

Message 11 of 26

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Zak01010 wrote:

Was this issue resolved @Louisag @M25 I'm still waiting on a response from a escalation?

Would you like to be put in touch with a Forum O2 Advisor, @Zak01010?

Message 12 of 26

M25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately, I didn't hear back from O2 support following my escalation, I was told to allow 5 working days but that time has passed.

While waiting for O2 support to respond, I re-tried various steps. I was eventually able to receive a WhatsApp verification code by enabling the two-step verification feature within WhatsApp from my old phone, as the app was still active on that phone.

With two-step verification enabled on my WhatsApp account this changed the verification process. This time when I requested a verification code from WhatsApp on my new phone with my O2 sim card inserted, the 6-digit code appeared physically as a pop-up message within the WhatsApp on my old phone, rather than via the expected SMS route. I entered this new code into WhatsApp on my new phone, completed the 2 step-verification process I'd previously enabled and hey presto the verification process completed successfully.

Note: My old phone did not have a sim card inserted but it did have a wifi connection.

Message 13 of 26

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Two forum advisors were able to dm me the first made a case and provided a reference. The second could not help and ignored my replies didnt even follow up. I desperately need this solved as I'm unable to use my new phone and require whatsapps access asap

Message 14 of 26

pgn
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Zak01010 wrote:

Two forum advisors were able to dm me the first made a case and provided a reference. The second could not help and ignored my replies didnt even follow up. I desperately need this solved as I'm unable to use my new phone and require whatsapps access asap

I'll tag @Anonymous who is on now until close - hopefully he can push it along, or pick up where the previous advisor(s) left off, @Zak01010 - Good luck!

Message 15 of 26

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the same situation as Zak, I can't access my WhatsApp at all now. I hope Simon is able to help, thanks 

Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn thanks for the tag @Zak01010 will private message you.

Message 17 of 26

pgn
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@pgn thanks for the tag @Zak01010 will private message you.

Thank you, Simon.

Message 18 of 26

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous , could you DM me too please?

Message 19 of 26

pgn
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@PaulD2 wrote:

Hi @Anonymous , could you DM me too please?

Sorry, @PaulD2 - I omitted to read back far enough to see you were still needing help. Pretty sure @Anonymous will reach out to you before long - good luck! 

Message 20 of 26