Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Code Whatsapp

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Bought a new iPhone activated it by setting it up. Used "Move to IOS" to transfer the whatsapp chat data. The verification code hasnt arrived. I've tried the "Call Me" option. Made sure its the correct international format. Also tried waiting 24hrs. No issues with the sim as I can text and recieve calls even google verification text messages. I messaged whatsapp using the support ticket they keep mentioning the advice on and on.

They state if the advice that they have given doesn't work I have to email back through a reply with my full international number in that format. I haven't recieved a single reply and I've been waiting patiently because I can't use my new phone. No issues with my phone or sim but what can I do honestly I need help. I did transfer my number from Voxi (vodafone) a week ago. Is a porting issue?

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@LaraJane I just added my number to my facebook account to test a theory because facebook and whatapp have the same owners surely its not to with their servers or system whatever it maybe. The thing that actually fixed it was loging into MyO2 and going to the "Age Verification" section and making sure you change the settings to say you're 18+. Ash from the network team if you ever read this what a donut lol. Done his job for him. @MI5 the issue might be that new accounts or some existing accounts if they've changed sim i.e @PaulD2's case if im remembering correctly might have that "Age Verification" setting turned off which has blocked the whatsapp sms or others not to be sent thats my theory.

Also @LaraJane you should add two step verification on your whatsapp account like I have today. You make your own 6 digit pin instead of sms in case we have the issue again lol and add an email address in case you forget the pin you made. It will ask for the pin if you restart your phone and etc.. but its worth it. Best to add your own code and note it down in diary, the notepad app on your phone or message a close family member so its on record.

Link to about two-step verification for whatsapp can be found here: https://faq.whatsapp.com/1278661612895630/?helpref=uf_share

Message 51 of 64

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This worked for me too! It is the o2 age setting, which I know I had set previously. No idea why it had reset.. I couldn't even find it in the app or in mobile as I don't have the same menu options, Jonathan from Customer support sorted it for me.

@Zak01010 I owe you a drink haha, great work. I'm glad you've got it working too @LaraJane slight_smile

The O2 engineers I spoke to were all insistent that it was a problem on the WhatsApp side lol.

Message 52 of 64

J9genie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Zak01010 this worked for me too! 🙌🏻

Message 53 of 64

Rocky65
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sadly for me the age verification setting hasn't helped, I do recall on one of the many calls to O2 someone enabling 18+ content to try and resolve it so when I checked in my account it was already enabled. I did however try disabling it, waiting 24 hours and requesting a code from whatsapp with no luck, followed by reenabling it, waiting, requesting and still no joy.

Looks like I am going to have to try and speak to someone yet again to try and resolve this but quite frankly I am fed up with O2 over this issue and am more inclined to demand a refund and move to a supplier who doesn't block verification texts and can actually fix issues like this.

Message 54 of 64

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Hi @Rocky65 - I'll tag the O2 Advisor on shift today here on the forum - perhaps @O2Georgina can help. It's worth a shot! Good luck!

Message 55 of 64

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Rocky65  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 56 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Rocky65 Did @O2Georgina sort the problem?

Message 57 of 64

Rocky65
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The jury is out on solving my problem.

@O2Georgina was very helpful but I had to be referred to the network team, had a call back a couple of days later who asked me a few questions and asked that I try and request a verification code while on the phone to them, which I did and was still unable to receive.

Passed onto another? network team from this call who are yet to contact me but this was only 3 days ago and I was advised 5 working days for a call back. I am hoping against all hope this new team can resolve it early next week but I am going to look to leave O2 if they can't.

Message 58 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

What was this OTP code request for bank, WhatsApp????

Message 59 of 64

Rocky65
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry Zak missed your post, it was for WhatsApp

As an update, I still can't receive security texts from whatsapp. Despite being told on the 24th January that I would receive a call within 5 working days from the network team looking into my problem I have received nothing.

I am now regularly phoning the customer service team and getting promises of:
- someone will call me within 24hours,

- someone will call me within 2 to 3 days,

- the advisor will call me as soon as they know more, etc etc etc

Not one of which has happened, surprise surprise.

Currently I either don't use my new phone or have to carry my old phone around just to check whatsapp coupled with the amount of wasted time I have spent phoning O2 means I'll be calling again on Monday and demanding that O2 remove the early termination fee from my account and moving to a new network provider. 

Message 60 of 64