Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Code Whatsapp

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Bought a new iPhone activated it by setting it up. Used "Move to IOS" to transfer the whatsapp chat data. The verification code hasnt arrived. I've tried the "Call Me" option. Made sure its the correct international format. Also tried waiting 24hrs. No issues with the sim as I can text and recieve calls even google verification text messages. I messaged whatsapp using the support ticket they keep mentioning the advice on and on.

They state if the advice that they have given doesn't work I have to email back through a reply with my full international number in that format. I haven't recieved a single reply and I've been waiting patiently because I can't use my new phone. No issues with my phone or sim but what can I do honestly I need help. I did transfer my number from Voxi (vodafone) a week ago. Is a porting issue?

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Tbh I wish I had the positivity like @PaulD2 but @LaraJane everytime I've asked for an update they keep saying the technical team can't find an issue. I feel like this might take months if not a year. I can wait till march but if this isnt fixed I'm switching providers I need whatsapp to switch phones and no ones has raised this issue they act like its not that big until its a common issue and no apology or refund nothing for me I cant use my new phone and my current phone as a daily isnt possible because of the age of the phone

Message 41 of 64

LaraJane
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is so frustrating especially as I’ve never had this problem before when transferring to another provider or when getting a new phone. @Zak01010 I don’t understand how they can’t find an issue as it’s definitely 

go to be something to do with O2. Why should you be paying for your contract every month if you can’t even use your phone, I don’t blame you if you change providers, if this continues then I’m not staying with O2 either as this is so much hassle! 

Message 42 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@LaraJane @PaulD2 @MI5 so an O2 engineer called ASH calls me today at 11:25am after explaining my side its a port issue blames whatsapp instead of understanding that I could get OTP from my previous sim provider and keeps blaming whatsapp. no remorse no assistance calls me just to convince me its WhatsApp's fault and that they see no requests from 3rd party apps. Appalling service I had to hang up politely. Honestly I can't believe its been a month of me troubleshooting,wasting time researching to be told this. I advised him others on o2 community are having the same issues and all he says is "I understand". I want to make a complaint because its appalling service and the fact that he didn't even have any updates and just wanted me to except and waste more time sorting the issue myself is ridiculous. I doubt this issue will be fixed the engineers will probably call back other customers and have the same conversation as they did with me.

Message 43 of 64

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147088 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Zak01010 

How to complain here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

We recommend the use of Resolver.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 44 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 All done

Message 45 of 64

Andy_Ax
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called support and they logged it as a network problem.  They said I would be contacted within 48 hours once the network issue is resolved.  I will update this thread with the outcome.

Message 46 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So I made the complaint following @MI5's advice. I first done that. I changed my o2 account to make sure I'm 18+.  Then sent the complaint.

Went on facebook and added my number and got a verification message from facebook which made me realise its a whatsapp issue because facebook and whatsapp are managed by the same company.

Messaged whatsapp support

https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/?subject=messenger

I messaged them saying its a whatsapp issue not o2's. I had already deleted the app I got a reply from whatsapp its was a generic one. The app was already uninstalled. Installed it again and I got the code and logged in. I set up 2 step verification. ALL SORTED 🤣😭🎉🎊🎊🎉🎊🎉

Message 47 of 64

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Zak01010Wow, I'm glad you've got it sorted! Finally! Where/how did you change your o2 account to confirm you're over 18 though? I can't see that option anywhere 😕

Message 48 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Logged into my O2

Then the screenshot shows the options page 

Clicked more and then Clicked 'Age Verification' the option is off I turned it on because Im obviously over 18 lol.

Screenshot_20230111-173440_Chrome.jpg

Message 49 of 64

LaraJane
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@PaulD2 @Andy_Ax I have finally got my WhatsApp sorted too! I did the same as @Zak01010 i changed the 18+ settings on my O2 account and I also added my phone number to my Facebook account to which I received a verification code. I then uninstalled WhatsApp, waited about 5 mins and reinstalled it again, went onto WhatsApp and put my number in and I received a verification code straight away! Hope this works for you all as well 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Message 50 of 64