Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Code Whatsapp

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Bought a new iPhone activated it by setting it up. Used "Move to IOS" to transfer the whatsapp chat data. The verification code hasnt arrived. I've tried the "Call Me" option. Made sure its the correct international format. Also tried waiting 24hrs. No issues with the sim as I can text and recieve calls even google verification text messages. I messaged whatsapp using the support ticket they keep mentioning the advice on and on.

They state if the advice that they have given doesn't work I have to email back through a reply with my full international number in that format. I haven't recieved a single reply and I've been waiting patiently because I can't use my new phone. No issues with my phone or sim but what can I do honestly I need help. I did transfer my number from Voxi (vodafone) a week ago. Is a porting issue?

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, bad typo in that last message, it should read,'They called me this morning and asked a few followup questions and he's now raised it with another team.'

Message 21 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My experience is far much worse I've got an Galaxy s8 which has a number of issues. I ported the number to o2 to specifically take advantage of using cellular on a apple watch I plan to buy in the near future.

I can't even switch to my new iphone as I require my whatsapp data. Been waiting for weeks. Honestly worst service I've ever had. Worst part is I missed work waiting for a Phone call which I never got on the 21st December.

Screenshot_20221230-224654_Messages.jpg

On top of this every other day I keep getting text messages from o2 stating the technical team are looking into this. Honestly I'm sick of waiting around constantly check posts on o2 community and retrying to log into whatsapp. The text message option won't be sent due to trying to many times. I believe my whatsapp account might be terminated if im continuing to do this. Worst of it all I know the only way its fixed is if all those code request sms messages come through as it shows the codes sent by whatsapp. But since this hasn't happened safe to say this could take months if not years if this case isnt looking into. Its hard to believe the company will only take action if a large i mean huge number of cases are having the same issue. Very appalled at the service huge let down as I feel dumb that I even switched providers.

Message 22 of 64

PaulD2
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is ridiculous. I've not heard back from anyone since the 27th as of yet. I appreciate it's Xmas/New Year so there may be less staff but it's still not an acceptable reason. There are a number of threads that were raised pre-Xmas on this exact issue and nothing has been resolved yet.

Edit: Also, I'm not receiving any text updates. I just spoke to an IT guy and he said I'd hear back.

Message 23 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I agree. I don't even know what to do at this point

Message 24 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

They won't assist they keep saying the techinical team will look into this and state it was raised. Its more to so with the security than the porting for some reason whatsapp verification codes and calls are being block so we as customers who ported our number cannot recieve them. It has to do with the security as I'm able to recieve other verification codes and calls except whatsapp

Message 25 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update 06/01/2023 

The issue is relating to the port not only can I not get whatsapps verification codes I can't send sms or call EE contacts. I don't know if its other providers like EE. But its definitely 100% A PORT ISSUE. Can an advisor add this to my escalated case or look into this the advisors I messaged aren't responding

Message 26 of 64

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37254 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Zak01010 wrote:

Update 06/01/2023 

The issue is relating to the port not only can I not get whatsapps verification codes I can't send sms or call EE contacts. I don't know if its other providers like EE. But its definitely 100% A PORT ISSUE. Can an advisor add this to my escalated case or look into this the advisors I messaged aren't responding

Have you sent @O2Georgina the answers to her private questions to you recently? She is on duty again tomorrow morning, up sharp and check your Forum Messages and good luck!

Message 27 of 64

O2Georgina
Former Staff
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@pgn  Thanks for the tag, I will pick this  up

signature
Message 28 of 64

PaulD2
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't port, I've been with my O2 for a few years and mine didn't work when trying to register on a new phone, so there's something else that's going on here.

Message 29 of 64

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37254 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Has @O2Georgina not been able to get you back up and running? There have been issues related to the number registries in the last few weeks, @PaulD2 - I re-tagged Georgina, she is on until 3pm today.

Message 30 of 64