Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Watch Data Plan

jholden40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased an Apple Watch 7 with cellular from 02 a little while back. I now bought (not from 02) an Apple Watch Ultra and would like to transfer the plan over from the 7 to the Ultra. However, I’m having problems. Whenever I try press on ‘set up mobile data’ on the My Watch app, an 02 page saying cannot connect to servers pops up. 

I assume I’m doing something wrong because if I re-pair the 7 the issue disappears.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@jholden40 

You need to call O2 to remove your old watch from your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@jholden40 

You need to call O2 to remove your old watch from your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

jholden40
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately that hasn’t worked. Spoke to 02 who told me it was an Apple issue and sent me a link to an Apple page, which told me to erase data plan from old phone. I then ended up with two phones that have no mobile data…

Since then I’ve been on the phone to 02 twice. First of all, they sent out a fresh esim card but that hasn’t worked… I now get a message my phone is not eligible to enable mobile service on my iPhone. 

No one seems to have a clue at 02. It should be straightforward, although looking through these forums I gather it’s not. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Nothing straightforward with O2 anymore @jholden40 .

Just a bunch of underpaid staff with no interest and no training.

Fortunately we have some good account advisors on here to help in such cases, so I'll ask @O2Lisa to contact you in the morning to help.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

jholden40
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s very kind of you, thanks for all of your help.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @MI5

@jholden40 I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

ahin4114
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For anybody finding this topic more recently - note that the guidance has changed and you no longer need to contact O2:

How do I add a new or different Apple Watch to an existing Airtime Plan?

If you buy a new Apple Watch, you’ll need to go through the pairing process with the new Watch.

As part of this process you’ll reach a step that asks you to set up mobile data. Tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, you’ll see two options – ‘Buy another Airtime Plan for this Watch’ or ‘Move an existing Airtime Plan to this Watch’.

Tap ‘Move an existing Airtime Plan to this Watch’ to keep your current Airtime Plan.

If you want to cancel your Airtime Plan, call 202 free from your O2 mobile.

Message 8 of 8