Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded Apple Watch won’t connect error 08

ta88ycat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After O2 cancelled the wrong watch on my account (!), I am unable to setup my watch again. 
See error below. I have been on with support who took my watch serial number (?) and reset it then told me to try 24 hours later. I still get the issue. 
This happened to me a few years back when trying to reconnect a cancelled watch. Support had no idea at the time. It was O2Sarah or O2Emma who fixed it on the spot.

help!

paul

The error is:

We’re setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ta88ycat
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Fixed!

got through to complaints and the nice lady told

me I needed a new eSIM on my account as the watch was showing no sim and no connection. 
2hours later I received a text saying my watch plan was successful and my setup worked. 
Solution - if the watch has no sim

and no connection then complaints need to add

your plan back on and that should fix it. 

interestingly out of all the support and calls and texts and Twitter messages - this last person in Complaints was able to assess the problem, research the error and fix it. 
happy days. 

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@ta88ycat 

We no longer have the O2 Advisors. Such a shame as they fixed so many issues.

Nowadays you have to rely on O2. You could try an O2 store though. Visit with ID and see if anyone can help. Otherwise

Give O2 a call on  202 or 0344 809 202 (Contract) 

Or you can message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW). 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 22

ta88ycat
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My issue has been escalated in O2. 
it’s the setup from the Apple Watch that hangs when it tried to connect to O2 ( not eSIM setup ). Something needs reset back at the O2 network side.

Message 3 of 22

Smiffyboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@ta88ycat any luck in getting your problem resolved? I have the same issue, which started when I swapped my Apple Watch for a new one. I’ve spoken to several people on 202, exchanged messages with the social media team and even raised an official complaint. I’m two weeks in, and still awaiting the promised call from the ‘technical team’. It seems that the previously employed forum advisors could solve this issue with little effort. 

Message 4 of 22

ta88ycat
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Not yet. Back with the tech team again…

Message 5 of 22

ta88ycat
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Not yet: 

last chat update was Monday this week ( it’s Friday now ) and I had a call from o2 to check I had removed the watch plan - it’s back with their tech team. 
surely if there is a code (08) someone must have a fix in O2?

Message 6 of 22

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5943 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@ta88ycat 

I think that I have just responded to that question on another thread ! 

Message 7 of 22

OfficePenguin
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue since July.  It’s now with the communication’s ombudsman, latest was that o2 offered £60….. but then only offered to get ‘someone from technical support’ to call me.  They called and went through exactly the same troubleshooting steps as all the others before them.  Have rejected the offer and said I need the problem resolving.

i don’t think it will get resolved though!  Pointed them at the multiple threads on these forums but o2 cockily said they couldn’t look into any issues on the forums!!

Message 8 of 22

ta88ycat
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Still not fixed here too. It’s now with technical again….

Message 9 of 22

ta88ycat
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Message 10 of 22