Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular issue Apple Watch series 9

LouiseW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, I have never posted before but this is my last resort. 

I recently got a new cellular Apple watch series 9 from Apple. It works perfectly except for the data. I set the plan up up on the first day I got it, chose the plan, got messaged the contract info all fine. In the watch app it just said ‘activating’ 

2 days later it still says activating. Wasn’t an issue I thought so I just messaged customer support through the app. The man confirmed that there was a technical issue and that he would reset my plan for me, he told me to reset my watch too. So I reset my watch and went to set up mobile data and a new message appeared saying that o2 was in the process of setting up my plan…if i had an issue call 202 with error code reference 08, the man didn’t reset my plan. So I called 202 and they weren’t very helpful and didn’t seem to know how to help me, they said they would email me a phone number to call and guess what they didn’t send the email!

so I am baffled now, if anyone can help me, reset my plan or something, this is all making me to just send the watch back! 

Thanks🙏

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LouiseW
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Okay, over 2 weeks I’ve had the watch now BUT they have finally done it, just keep calling 202 up and each person you speak to will say a different thing😆 but you will get someone who know what they’re doing eventually, then just wait!

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 020

Message 2 of 20

LouiseW
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi I contacted 202 and they are now sending me a physical sim and saying I can convert in into an eSIM for my watch, is this correct? It sounds off

Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 145130 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@LouiseW wrote:

Hi I contacted 202 and they are now sending me a physical sim and saying I can convert in into an eSIM for my watch, is this correct? It sounds off

poop

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 20

LouiseW
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

What?!

Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 145130 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

Nonsense @LouiseW 

Watch already has an embedded esim - you don't need another.

Make sure they aren't billing you for it too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 20

LouiseW
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Calling them back right now🤬🤬

Message 7 of 20

LouiseW
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just got off the phone with them, they cancelled the physical sim 👍 but they said they are still sending my original esim via post in 2-3 days, is that true?, why, instead of saying to contact them after 24hrs if I don’t get a text when I set up Apple Watch (and tried to set up the mobile data plan) didn’t it just say that they will ship it to me?!!! None of this is making sense 

Message 8 of 20

LouiseW
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I need to scan it or something?

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 145130 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@LouiseW 

You don't need another sim of any description.

The watch has a sim already - O2 need to activate it but they are incompetent buffoons.

You can only just keep calling until you get someone with a clue what they are doing.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 20