Did you mean: 

Signal issues

Invisiblewomann
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi ,

I am having some serious issues with internet on my phone at home .

The signal or network is next to none existent to the point even website are not loading .

I have like 1 bar of signal if I'm lucky . The network checker app says it's slow too . Turning phones on and off doesn't solve the issue .

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

N33ts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've had the same issue for about 6 months now. I've tried WiFi calling, this hasn't helped. I've even swapped my sim and it's not helped. I've now had to raise a complaint to O2 

Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23112 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Invisiblewomann@N33ts See these guides:

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-may-help-E...

If you have WiFi calling on your phone, the mast signal you're getting should have no bearing on that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Invisiblewomann  @N33ts 

The coverage maps are only a computer estimation, they don't take into account how a house is built, or how radio waves travel through buildings or if those waves are absorbed by stone, steel and any other material, or any other buildings in the way.

You can look for solutions yourselves such as putting an external aerial on the side of your house, or getting improved home broadband to make use of WiFi Calling.

Not sure a complaint will go anywhere as signal is not guaranteed to be 100% 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

Invisiblewomann
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The problem is I shouldnt be struggling to use a phone because its their issue not mine. I shouldn't also pay for something I can't use . Never had that issue until few months ago when I changed my phone

Message 5 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Invisiblewomann 

Well then its a phone issue, as all phones have different antennae builds, and different algorithms to determine what to display on the phone as signal strength.

I would contact the manufacturer of the phone and see what they can do, as it could be the antenna isn't working as it should or is just poorly designed, looking at you Apple and Samsung...

Also, it's pure physics relating to radio waves, they don't travel very well through stone, or anything other than air, not o2's problem but a material issue with how radio waves work... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@Invisiblewomann wrote:

The problem is I shouldnt be struggling to use a phone because its their issue not mine. I shouldn't also pay for something I can't use . Never had that issue until few months ago when I changed my phone

@Invisiblewomann 

If the new phone is 5g, try turning off 5g and just use 4g until O2 roll out more 5g services.

Even if you're not in a 5g area you should just have 4g selected.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Invisiblewomann
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Might have a look at that if I figure out where to find it on Samsung 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

Network connection settings @Invisiblewomann 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9