cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I have received a text confirming my PAC code has been received?

valeriecherish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am moving to O2 from GiffGaff. I filled in this form this morning entering my PAC: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form

Should I have received a text confirming my PAC has been received/the process has been started? A few people online have mentioned this text but I haven't received any kind of confirmation.

How will I know when the process has started and completed? I have set up a rolling plan on the new SIM sent by O2 but it is using the temporary number sent with the SIM card, how can I easily tell if it's using my old/existing GiffGaff number without calling someone to check?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@valeriecherish 

You should get a text from both o2 and giffgaff stating what day your port will be.. You will be best speaking to customer services on 4445 for PAYG or 202 for Pay monthly.

You will notice by your giffgaff sim going dead, and it can take upto 24 hours to complete

Why are you leaving giffgaff, as seems a bit of an odd move? As if on PAYG with o2 you loose 5G and some other features..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

valeriecherish
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - should I have got those texts as soon as I submitted the form or will I only get them tomorrow perhaps when the process starts?

Leaving GiffGaff as I am going to be in Canada for 3 weeks soon and GG don't have any kind of bolt-ons for this (they charge data per mb), I will need to be online through the day so I have picked O2 as they have the option to add a £6 bolt on for international use... I hope!

Message 3 of 4