cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserted SIM into Google Pixel 7 Pro and it won't work, says "SIM not supported"

EG1995
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently received a refurbished Google Pixel 7 Pro, unlocked. I have moved my SIM from the Samsung phone I was using to the my new Google phone, but it doesn't work with an error message saying "SIM not supported" and directing me to an AATA Site to find out if it needs unlocking, but this requires paying for a service and I really think that can be avoided. The phone is unlocked and I have no outstanding bills, so none of that makes sense. I tried using the chat service on O2 but wasn't helpful at all. Any help with this will be really appreciated!

Things I've tried already:

- Restarting Google phone after inserting the SIM.

- Performing another factory reset of all data.

- Erasing any data, SIM information, and eSIM.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23958 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@EG1995 Not sure why that should happen. Might just be a faulty sim. If you have an O2 store nearby, call in and they will give you a new sim with your account on it. Be sure to bring photo ID with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

EG1995
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! I'll give this a try.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149149 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@EG1995 

It does actually sound like it's locked to another network.

Have a look on checkmend https://www.checkmend.com/uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

EG1995
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went to the o2 store and tried a replacement SIM but still didn't work, so I think it is actually locked. Very annoying as the seller described it as unlocked. I've emailed the seller asking for help with this. Thank you for the link, I'll give it a try! 

Message 5 of 9

EG1995
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went to the O2 store and tried a replacement SIM but still came up with the "SIM not supported" error. I've contacted the seller about this and hopefully they'll help! 

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 149149 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@EG1995 

Definitely locked or barred - checkmend will answer the question.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 9

EG1995
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just got the report, it confirms it's never been locked. Now I am really lost! Everything it checked was ticked green! 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 149149 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@EG1995 

Then it's faulty and needs to be returned from where you bought it or sent to Google for repair.

Message 9 of 9