Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Personal Hotspot / Roaming

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, personal hotspot has gone from my settings after I changed my apn due to my data roaming not working in Spain for the last couple of days. Since making the change, data roaming begun working fine (thanks to the community here for that), but now I’m getting “setup personal hotspot” which just takes me to the o2 website. After multiple clicks and loops I’m getting nowhere. Have messaged o2 on insta a few hours ago, would ideally like this issue fixed while I’m still here! Any pointers much appreciated, kinda frustrating when abroad! Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@mahj 

For your hotspot to work your apn needs to be "idata.o2.co.uk"

The problem is, that without the iData bolt on enabled on your account, you data won't work abroad, hence having to use "mobile.o2.co.uk"

To fix the issue, you need to ask O2 to enable the iData bolt on for you and change your apn back to idata.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@mahj 

For your hotspot to work your apn needs to be "idata.o2.co.uk"

The problem is, that without the iData bolt on enabled on your account, you data won't work abroad, hence having to use "mobile.o2.co.uk"

To fix the issue, you need to ask O2 to enable the iData bolt on for you and change your apn back to idata.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou for your help, gave em a ring and they fixed the issue almost instantly. Apn still doesn’t show as idata, but both my data roaming and personal hotspot were working fine after whatever o2 did on their side 

Message 3 of 3