Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9+ upgrades, now no 4g service

FranknAfrah
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In August my second cellphone used by my wife, a Samsung S9+, asked to be updated.

After she had updated, the 'phone no longer has 4G service.

Network coverage display is usually only H+ or E+, very occasionally it displays 3G for a very short time.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@FranknAfrah 

Have you checked the network settings to see if 4g/LTE is selected?

Also, turning off and removing sim card can remove a static build up so worth trying that too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @FranknAfrah , how are you getting on with the Samsung S9+ today? Did any of the above suggestions work or are you still experiencing issues with 4G? It would be great to hear back from you.

Message 3 of 5

FranknAfrah
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Marjo, and MI5. Thanks for taking the time.

I did reply, but obviously not in the correct way 😞

The 'phone displays 2G, 3G and 4G in the network services. We also removed and cleaned the Sim. There was no difference afterwards, still just H+.

Most of the time, my iPhone does usually display 4G when we're in the same locations.

The Samsung has not performed ever since it's software was updated in August.

We called in to the local Movistar shop and asked for help/advice. The reply was 'its not their problem, we should talk to O2'. 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@FranknAfrah 

It's a drastic step, but I think your only option now is to do a factory reset.

Just make sure you backup anything you want to keep as the phone will be wiped of all your data.

You can use Samsung Smart Switch to backup your phone first https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/switching/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5