Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated texted notifications

SW12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm getting multiple texted notifications for everything from banking transactions to parking alerts, and sometimes these occur hours late and then repeated up to five times. Is this a network malfunction, or something to do with my Motorola phone ? My wife has the same make and model of phone but doesn't experience the same problem.

Anyone know what's happening here ?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @SW12 Sorry you are having this issue there is a software problem at the moment affecting certain handset make models that is causing the delay in txt then repeating multiple times . We are waiting for a update regarding the issue and when there will be a software update sent to resolve the issue.

signature

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Perhaps @O2Emma can help, @SW12 - watch out for a message here looking for more info from you.

Message 2 of 6

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @SW12 Sorry you are having this issue there is a software problem at the moment affecting certain handset make models that is causing the delay in txt then repeating multiple times . We are waiting for a update regarding the issue and when there will be a software update sent to resolve the issue.

signature
Message 3 of 6

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Just jumping in with @Chris_K's response here as well. Thanks @O2Emma 

Message 4 of 6

LW54
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m jumping in on this post as I wondered when the update will be available . I have the same problem of multiple texts and more importantly I can’t receive OTPs which is causing a lot of issues. I bought a new Motorola 5G phone two weeks ago and have been having problems since I bought it. We are going to the states in two weeks and I really need to be able to receive texts by then. Would be grateful for any news re updates . 

Message 5 of 6

ZonalRipper
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also jumping in on this one, I am now getting text messages repeated all the time and I think it has to do with text from messages that you can't reply to, so like verification texts or OTP's

I requested a verification code for something yesterday and I have now had that message repeated 5 more times, and is the same message as it is the same verification code repeated each time.

Hope this gets sorted soon

Message 6 of 6