Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiving multiple text messages

NH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have an oppo lite and since my phone did an automatic update last weekend I'm getting the same messages multiple times. I had 4 separate conversations yest via text and 2 of the contacts messages have been sent over and over the other 2 are normal. I went into my app manager and messages and uninstalled and it went to factory rest just for my messages. I thought it might have worked but I've had a text about an hr ago from next and it's come through 3 times!

Any help would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144976 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@NH 

Try a different message app as it may be an issue with the stock app.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Any luck using a different app @NH?

Message 3 of 13

PokeItWithAStic
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having the same issue, and only for the past few weeks.  Same issue for both SMS apps.  

I also have Bitdefender (Netgear Armor) installed.  I have uninstalled this - apparently in the past these apps can interfere with SMS delivery

Phone:  OnePlus Nord 2T 5G

Apps:  Messages by Google, and bundled SMS app

Message 4 of 13

JohnGordon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been to the O2 shop in cramlington today and they informed me that there is an issue with certian oppo phones and there is a download scheduled soon to rectify this problem

Message 5 of 13

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey there,

This is a known issue that's impacting select devices with a Mediatek chipset, such as the OPPO X5 Lite, Oppo Reno 8, Motorola G60s, OPPO A94 or OPPO A57s. Vendors are working on software updates to resolve these issues but these updates may arrive at different times, separate to one another.

For the OPPO X5 Lite the good news is we have just approved a new build with the SMS fix, so that will start rolling out within the next week or so.

For anyone experiencing a multiple SMS issue that's not one of the above devices or has a Mediatek chipset, this won't be a known issue and is unlikely to be related. In these cases I'd suggest getting in touch with our teams via Social Media so we can check into this further.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 13

gst
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also am experiencing duplicate and delayed SMS

Using OnePlus Nord 2T 5g with the default SMS app. Have also tried using TrueCaller SMS app, with no difference in the delayed/ duplicate SMS messaging. 

Message 7 of 13

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36431 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Hey there,

This is a known issue that's impacting select devices with a Mediatek chipset, such as the OPPO X5 Lite, Oppo Reno 8, Motorola G60s, OPPO A94 or OPPO A57s. Vendors are working on software updates to resolve these issues but these updates may arrive at different times, separate to one another.

For the OPPO X5 Lite the good news is we have just approved a new build with the SMS fix, so that will start rolling out within the next week or so.

For anyone experiencing a multiple SMS issue that's not one of the above devices or has a Mediatek chipset, this won't be a known issue and is unlikely to be related. In these cases I'd suggest getting in touch with our teams via Social Media so we can check into this further.

Thanks for the update on the multiple SMS issue and affected handsets, @Chris_K - fresh out of Kudos this hour, but it is worth one!

Message 8 of 13

Robotredford
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue here with the same phone. 

Was having another issue lately with not receiving otp's that seems to have sorted itself but still receiving 20 odd copies of SMS messages a day. I'm just glad nearly everyone uses WhatsApp now or I'd be drowning in them. slight_smile

Good to hear a cause has been found and hopefully there'll be an update soon

Message 9 of 13

JamesW
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have a motorola edge 20 lite. I am having this same issuse with texts coming through multiple times this can be up to 15 times a day, it always seems to be which ever the last text i received was which comes through over and over again, and some texts don't come through until the next day.

Message 10 of 13