Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with calls, mast down

Disgruntled12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Calls are ringing and being answered but no one can hear me speaking, aware of a mast being broken in my home town 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7771 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

If you are at home and use broadband, provided you are a contract customer you can use WiFi Calling 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8951 Posts
  • 202 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Disgruntled12 wrote:

Calls are ringing and being answered but no one can hear me speaking, aware of a mast being broken in my home town 

Radio site outages do not cause the symptoms you describe, they cause a loss of coverage.

If calls are connecting, then you have radio service and the problem lies elsewhere.

Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38199 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

To follow on from @japitts' analysis, @Disgruntled12 - did you migrate across to O2 from Virgin Mobile? If so, is your phone still using a VM-branded SIM card? If it is, take phone and photo id to an O2 Shop and they can swap you over to a genuine O2 SIM.

In fact, if you are checking your SIM and find it is a genuine O2 SIM, take it out of the phone and give it a gentle wipe with a lint-free cloth - it could be starting to fail and may benefit from being replaced anyway, a free service in an O2 Shop, with photo id.

Don't try to order a replacement SIM yourself, as O2 will completely deactivate your current SIM: no calls until the new SIM is delivered to you via Royal Mail (4 to 7 days typically). Good luck!

Message 5 of 5