Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

John_Clery
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went through the porting process online after being moved to O2 by Virgin and have not received any transfer date nor even an acknowledment that it is being ported. All I have is access to my unwanted O2 number and none to my old wanted number. Amazon are in a loop on a confirmation number sent to me old wanted number.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7949 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

As we are all customers her, like yourself it sounds you need to get someone from O2 to access your account.

If it is easer

Message O2 on
(https://o2uk.co/O2CFB
Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you.

Or ring 202 from your handset

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

If you have not got a date to the number you want to keep confirming the move, follow the process in the guide below @John_Clery 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

If you got the text, and the old sim has gone dead but the number is not on the new sim, contact o2 customer services to find out what is going on.

If you still have issues, then come back and we can suggest how else to get help.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 12

John_Clery
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestions, messaged on Facebook at 14:20 hrs yesterday, today at 10:00hrs no response. i don't have twitter or instagram. I am loathe to phone as I had a heart attack and at 76 yo I find these type of phone calls quite stressful but there may be no alternative.

Message 4 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7949 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

@John_Clery Hope it works out. But as suggested come back if it doesn't 

Just to say that porting does not take place over the weekend. So Monday is the earliest this can now be done.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Given your issues and circumstances @John_Clery I'll see if the community advisors can offer some assistance...

Can you work some magic please @O2Sarah- @O2Ellie ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 12

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@John_Clery I will send you a private message so we can check your port status. 

Message 7 of 12

John_Clery
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to everyone who commented. O2Sarah has solved my problem. Thanks Sarah

Message 8 of 12

John_Clery
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sarah,

I now have a problem with the 12 months free Disney extra promised when I signed over from Virgin. I did not receive an email which is stated that would normally be received in 24-48 hours.  have a good weekend and hope to hear from you Monday.

Message 9 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@John_Clery 

How to redeem here Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 12