Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor/no signal

Shakira-Rose
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, after unexpectedly losing my dad I will be spending some time at his house sorting out his estate. The mobile signal there has always been more or less non existent despite area checker saying no problems. I have tried going upstairs, going outside opening windows etc etc, so I have had to keep the landline on. The Internet provider no longer offers landline contracts and it is very expensive to pay out of contract. Do you offer some sort of signal booster that is guaranteed to work, or can you suggest anything else? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7101 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

If your Internet is still running you can use WiFi Calling Calling.

It will need turning on by O2 and then in your phone settings

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling#:~:text=All%20the%204G%20and%205G,firmware%20f....

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Shakira-Rose 

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Have you considered testing a PAYG SIM from another network ? If you have a dual SIM 'phone, you could even consider having both your O2 SIM and a SIM from another network therein.   

Message 4 of 6

Shakira-Rose
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I will have to do that. Thanks

Message 5 of 6

Shakira-Rose
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, that's kind of you. Unfortunately all mobile providers have non existent or very poor signal there. It was a real problem as dad had carers and they were supposed to phone in and they never could!!

Message 6 of 6