Did you mean: 

Pocket mobile hotspot

uk_sox_fan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am considering whether to buy a mobile hotspot device that can connect phones and laptops in my household either when my WiFi goes out or when I travel. My question is would it be possible to buy the device from O2 and have it use my existing phone's data plan? As the device would be a backup or for occasional trips I fear I wouldn't have enough usage to justify taking out a separate data plan.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23113 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@uk_sox_fan You'd probably be better off getting a sim free dongle. If you used your existing plan you'd have to swap the sim over, and you wouldn't be able to make calls. Apart from that, if you were traveling, you might be in an area where O2 didn't get good coverage, so you'd be free to get a data sim from another network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10203 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions
@uk_sox_fan

I concur with @Bambino, get a sim free mobile hotspot, you can pick one up for £43 from amazon.

I would also have a look at a new MVNO called Honest Mobile, who offer a UK sim that for an extra payment can roam across Three, o2, and EE.. (they arent the cheapest but are unique).
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3