Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Code

RobElee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just come over to O2 from EE. I entered my PAC Code when I applied for new sim which arrived yesterday. I thought porting of my old mobile number should have happened by now. Can I ask when I can expect it to happen?

Rob

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

NuttyS
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There’s an ongoing issue with porting, as far as I know there isn’t an update or timeframe yet.

Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11620 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@RobElee 

if you haven't had a text message from o2, with a port date then the PAC code may not have been accepted, and as such you need to reprovide the PAC to o2 

Full details can be found here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

You can also call o2 on 202 from your o2 sim and they can advise. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 8

g0akc
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We are having the same problems having come over from Virgin Mobile (as part of moving to Volt for our broadband and TV package).  I’ve contacted O2 and Virgin multiple times but our number still hasn’t been ported in well over a week. The number got ported out but not in now.  I keep being fobbed off.  One excuse after another.  We’re unreachable as a result.  Ours was promised for 6 tonight but still not done.

Message 4 of 8

g0akc
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Number porting is a regulatory requirement.  O2 Virgin Media are currently non-compliant! Very poor service. I’m thinking of contacting Ofcom - suggest you do the same.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149612 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@g0akc 

Networks do not handle ports so they cannot be in breech of any regulatory requirements.

OFCOM don't deal with individual customers, so that's a waste of time too.

The third party that deals with porting is working on fixing the issue, so you and many 1000's of others across all networks just need to be patient unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

g0akc
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

So no one is to be held to account?  No SLA, timescale or whatever?  They can take as long as they like, no need to deploy adequate resource to fix it? No wonder there's been a race to the bottom in terms of customer service!

I suggest that O2, and other operators, are in fact obliged to provide number portability in a timely manner (one business day is mentioned) as laid out in the link here

And specifically in B3 as shown in that link;

See this document linked therein - specifically

Number Portability
B3.3 The Regulated Provider shall provide Number Portability within the shortest possible time,
including subsequent activation, on reasonable terms and conditions, including charges, to
any of its Relevant Subscribers who so request.
B3.4 The Regulated Provider shall ensure in all cases, other than Mobile Number Portability (as
to which see Conditions C7.38 and C7.39), porting of these numbers and their subsequent
activation shall be completed within one business day once all necessary validation
processes have been completed, the network connection is ready for use by the Relevant
Subscriber, and the Donor Provider has received a request to activate the porting of these
numbers from the Recipient Provider.
B3.5 The Recipient Provider shall request porting from the Donor Provider as soon as it is
reasonably practicable after receiving the Relevant Subscriber Request to Port from its new
Subscriber.

You don't think that applies to O2?  You don't believe that they are the provider?

This bit, below, doesn't apply?

B3.1 This Condition applies to any person who provides:
(a) an Electronic Communications Network; or
(b) an Electronic Communications Service to a Subscriber with a number or numbers from
the National Telephone Numbering Plan. 

I put it to you that does apply and that O2 are in breach.  Sections C7.38 and 7.39 do not apply as I have not agreed to defer etc. and it should have been done within a day of SIM activation/PAC submission.

I hear what you say about Ofcom not dealing with individual complaints - however, that doesn't preclude anyone bringing such breaches to their attention, and I will be submitting a complaint as laid out in section C4 of that document.

Warm regards AKC B.Sc. M.Sc. (Retired Chartered Engineer, Telecommunications Industry)

Message 7 of 8

g0akc
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And for completeness I have filled out the monitoring form as linked here;

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/mobile-faults-gu...

I'm well aware that Ofcom don't deal with individual complaints, but they do monitor breaches/non-compliance.  The more people report such issues the better - that is what I was suggesting earlier.  I will be submitting a complaint to O2/Virgin Media (same owners) and will use ADR (CISAS) if necessary.

Message 8 of 8