Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 network in Clevedon, North Somerset

Paul431
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just been moved from Virgin to O2. I live in Clevedon and the data coverage is terrible. My phone shows 3G most of the time and i am unable to load youtube or even newspaper text. The coverage map shows comprehensive 3 and 4G for most of Clevedon (some is outside only) but i experience this even in the good coverage areas. Is there a reason for this or should i consider another provider?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Paul431 

If you're still using your Virgin sim you should pop into your local O2 store for a free swap to an O2 sim. 

Take photo ID with you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93492 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions

Personally I would be looking at a network that gives good coverage

You might want to try a new sim card first though

Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Without testing the other network options to check (PAYG SIMs are free and valid for 30 days from most networks) I would persist with O2 in the interim. Contact them via social media ate the link just below, @Paul431 - and you will have been in O2's network for several months as a Virgin customer by now, it may be that you are due a proper O2 branded SIM, O2 Shop staff will help you if you turn up in one with photo id. Good luck, @Paul431.

Message 4 of 6

Paul431
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this. I will get sorted at the weekend.

Message 5 of 6

Paul431
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Will do

Message 6 of 6