cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported from Lyca, but not able to receive calls - over 12 days!!!

bizysiby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved to O2 from Lycamobile on June 23/24. 

Number ported however cannot receive incoming calls or texts. I can only make outgoing mobile calls.

3 times called Customer Care - escalation, etc but no response back yet.

Today's call - they shall send a replacement card!!! Dont know if it shall work.

I am a very patient person but this is too much - Number is for use by kid during school time contact/emergencies. And I feel helpless here!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24004 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@bizysiby You will have to wait until you receive the new sim card to see if it works. No point doing anything else until then. If you don't want to wait for the post, call into an O2 store if you have one nearby and see if they can set up a new sim for you. Be sure to bring photo ID with you. If that doesn't work, I will tag an O2 advisor to see if they can help.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

bizysiby
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

(Thanks @Bambino - I waited till today)

------

Absolutely pathetic!!! Abosolutely.

Subsequent to my last call, none from O2 called back.

The SIM replacement failed to activate - I cannot receive activation code in new replacement SIM as it cannot connect to the network.

So again, I called the CC (for the 4th time over last 2.5 weeks).

Same approach - network reset, does not work, escalation & a supposed call back in 24-48 hours (which has never happened over last 3 CC calls). End result is the same - I cannot receive any non O2 calls (O2 CC called post device restart).

> And since today is a Friday, a callback would happen across Monday/Tuesday.

I am at loss of words & options. However, I have now approached the UK Consumer court.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149514 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@O2Emma ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @bizysiby I will send you a private message to look into this for you .

signature
Message 5 of 5