Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming text messages

JuhiPatni
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I am facing the issue of not receiving any incoming text messages - outgoing text messages are working fine. Everything was working fine up until 18th December 2023, and then incoming messages stopped out of the blue. I have contacted customer service and raised a ticket for the same. I also went to O2 store where the agent tried to fix this by swapping over to a new SIM card, but it didn't work. I was told that this has been raised with the technical team and they will get back. 

I got a call today from O2, stating multiple people are facing this issue, and I am not the only one, and the team is working on priority to fix the issue. However, I could see posts going back to 2022 for the similar issue. 

Could someone let me know how to get this resolved please. I am facing lots of issues due to this, as I am not able to make any payments or work with any MFA application.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149994 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28565 Solutions

@JuhiPatni 

Check guide Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 23

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11653 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3165 Solutions

@JuhiPatni 

All we can do on this customer to customer forum is tell you to persist with o2.. 

Did you port your number in to o2 by any chance, as it could be that the network that owns your number have removed some config.

Also have a look at these guides Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 23

JuhiPatni
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 for your reply. Have tried all the basic steps previously having gone through the posts. O2 have agreed it is an issue from their side, but not able to give or commit to any ETA.

Message 4 of 23

JuhiPatni
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh  for your reply. My number was originally Lycamobile number which has been ported multiple times with different providers - Three, Virgin etc. It got moved to O2 when Virgin merged with O2, and has been working fine for many months with O2 prior to 18-Dec-24.

Message 5 of 23

Ewa2410
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , im facing same issue from the same time like you. Just now got a ref number for this case but they couldn’t tell me how long it will take them to fix it . 
is it problem resolve for u ? 

Message 6 of 23

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9737 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Ewa2410 

if you are asking @JuhiPatni, you need to tag the original poster thus ! 👍

Message 7 of 23

Ewa2410
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@JuhiPatni 

I am facing same issue , exactly same time with not receiving text messages. I’ve been told is issue on them side and as soon as they will try to fix up. I was Virgin Media also before and transferred to o2 when they switch together with Virgin.. 

Message 8 of 23

Anto-Muscas
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got exactly the same issue. I have three numbers on my account and from about 20th of december I can't receive any SMS. My number come from Lycamobile and been ported to Three first, and Virgin Media after.

I've been moved to O2 when the joined the accounts. I've already change all the SIMs whit no changes.

I'm thinking to move to another company.

Message 9 of 23

Ewa2410
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anto-Muscas 

Did you try to contact o2? Have you got any reference number about that case ? 

Message 10 of 23