Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller ID on incoming calls

Boyack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have contacted O2 a number of times both by telephone and chat message to get my no caller ID on all incoming calls issue on my iPhone 8 resolved. I have gone through all the appropriate phone checks and resets and changing SIMs so it is obviously an O2 issue. This only happened when I changed my SIM card recently. I have been given the runaround by O2 and am completely frustrated so can anyone help as I am on the point of changing provider. Thanks 

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9114 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Kosmos5457 

I think that all of the regulars on this forum are well aware of the Customer Services' deficiencies to which you refer, but as this is a customer to customer community, we are powerless to do anything about it. 

The only things that will force O2 to address the shortcomings are complaints and a mass exodus of customers.   

Message 71 of 78

Simon7425
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Kosmos.

Apologies for the delay in replying but I have checked my account bolt ons and at last check, the CLI presentation bolt on is not showing even though the service is now working as it should.

BTW. I totally agree with your sentiment regarding the need to continually push first line services for a resolution to simple issues. It simply shouldn't be necessary for a large MNO such as O2

Message 72 of 78

Oxonian
  • 9114 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Simon7425 

Unfortunately, O2 are not the only MNO with Customer Service leaving much to be desired. 

Message 73 of 78

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can quite believe that, with all the dealings I've had with the alternatives. Probably fair to say O2 are best of a bad bunch when it comes to Customer Services. That aside, they are my preferred network so over the years have remained No.1 in my book. 

Maybe they're all the same in customer services department where they've all got customers so they'll be as bad as each other. They no longer care as what is the alternative, find another network with customer services that are just as bad?

Message 74 of 78

Oxonian
  • 9114 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Kosmos5457 

That's a very fair and pragmatic view. 

Message 75 of 78

JuniorEbuka
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A simple phone restart resolved the issue for me...

Message 76 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@JuniorEbuka 

The simple things are often the best (and all you need) 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 77 of 78

samstander
  • 32 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Happened to me too. A restart fixed it. Although, some spam callers still get through as "no caller id". strange

Message 78 of 78