Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network coverage problems

Happ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi we’re having coverage problems in the area of SR6 7HH and SR6 7BJ. Can’t get through to my parents in the area, if we do the phone cuts off or it keeps dropping off so you can’t get at all. There is a mast nearby but there seems to be a problem. It’s been like this for just over a week now. I’ve done all the usual turning phones off etc. Thanks in advance. Vicky

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Happ 

There are many problems with masts all over the country due to recent storms and continued bad weather. O2 will never give timings for mast repairs. If you have a phone with Wifi calling, you could try that. Meanwhile check this guide Guide: How can I sort out my network issues?  and this one Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Meanwhile, download the My Network app where you get updates and can report issues.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

Edited spelling!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Happ 

There are many problems with masts all over the country due to recent storms and continued bad weather. O2 will never give timings for mast repairs. If you have a phone with Wifi calling, you could try that. Meanwhile check this guide Guide: How can I sort out my network issues?  and this one Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Meanwhile, download the My Network app where you get updates and can report issues.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

Edited spelling!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Happ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, it was fine throughout the storms but started a week ago. I’ll have a look at those guides. Thank you 😀

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Happ 

It was during and long after the storms sadly. Lack of staff with covid and so many masts to repair. Not forgetting those which are being worked on to provide 5G. All a bit dreary I suppose. Also not helpful for customers. Don't forget to download the app I spoke about above, I hope your issue is sorted soon. 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Peterkin1010
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Unfortunately a fair bit of this was happening well before Eunice and even before COVID-19 restrictions.

I'm back with O2 via Virgin and wouldn't have chosen them as things stand over my go-to choice EE.

Things are more promising thanks to a change in ownership and I'm quietly confident the overall poor setup is in the process of changing for the better.

Lets hope I'm not back in 12 months saying the same thing 

Message 5 of 5