Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear hotspot

Pchadders
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am looking at getting a Netgear hotspot with an 02 SIM, does anyone know if the NAT type can be changed from Strict NAT3.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@pgn 

Ta, for the tag. 

@Pchadders 

o2 use CGNAT, and there is no way to change that  (for consumers),as it is implemented if memory serves me correct at the Network  Layer of the OSI model.

There is an option, but not for consumers, as it means setting up an Private APN,  and then routing it through an Enterprise Network Topology.

Most networks are now moving to this infrastructure,as IPv4 address space becomes more limited, and very few support IPv6.

The device o2 sell only supports 4G 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36505 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

Looking at the O2 Nighthawk offering on O2's own pages: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/netgear/nighthawk-m1-mobile-router

it specifies an O2 DATA SIM, and also only up to 4G.

Elsewhere, O2 advertises 5G DATA SIMS, on Contract (5G is not available to PAYG on O2 yet), so check this before you buy,   @Pchadders.

As for the NAT setting, the best place to look for that is via Google, I suspect. I will tag @madasaf1sh who is very knowledgeable about such matters here on the forum too. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@pgn 

Ta, for the tag. 

@Pchadders 

o2 use CGNAT, and there is no way to change that  (for consumers),as it is implemented if memory serves me correct at the Network  Layer of the OSI model.

There is an option, but not for consumers, as it means setting up an Private APN,  and then routing it through an Enterprise Network Topology.

Most networks are now moving to this infrastructure,as IPv4 address space becomes more limited, and very few support IPv6.

The device o2 sell only supports 4G 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3