cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number is coming up different on my wife's phone!

Nick-F
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello!

Both my wife and I have recently moved our phone contracts to o2, mine a few weeks back, my wife this week. Me from voxi, my wife from ee. We both ported numbers across. 

Weirdly, when I text my wife she receives the message but it shows as having come from a totally different number to mine. If she tries to text me on my number I receive nothing. If she replies to the other number it works.

If she phones my proper number it works, if she phones the other number it says 'number not recognised' or similar.

What the heck is going on, and how do I solve it? 

Any insights gratefully received. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Nick-F 

OK, so the message number is in the message app settings.

It will be under "RCS" or Advanced message services, something like that.

I suspect it will be wrong there.

The other option you have is to download Google Message app from Play store, which should fix the issue as the Samsung app is a bit flaky sometimes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 11 of 13

Nick-F
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5

You've nailed it, it's a messaging app issue. 

There's a couple of things going on it seems, but mainly that the messaging app (the Google one) was incorrectly using the pre number port number. Turning off the chat function had sorted this, which is fine as its not a feature I need. I've tried deleting data for the app and verifying the correct number but its taking its time. 

Anyway, problem solved, it's down to the the messaging app. 

Thank you! 

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

You're welcome @Nick-F 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 13