Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 02 App

ReeceCharlton95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having trouble with 02, I have a contract with 02 I start a new contract every 2 years, been with them 7 years+, my account has been signed out on the app and I’ve forgotten my details as when I first signed up years ago they gave me a username and password I didn’t choose it myself so I always forget it as the passwords always random letters and numbers, I did have it wrote down in my notes but doesn’t seem to work, and for Secure question it asked for the last 4 digits of my bank card number and I try it and it doesn’t recognise it, so must be my old bank card number from 7 years ago which as you know they expire and you get a new one so I can’t use that to reset password, and when I go online as a guest I speak to a bot assistant and I try to speak to a real person which sends me a link to speak to a real person which takes you to the app and you have to be signed in to speak to someone and as you know you I can’t sign in as I’m having trouble doing that, so it’s really annoying me how I can’t just speak to a real person on live chat on there website instead of the app, and I haven’t got the time to be on the phone put on hold as be waiting over an hour to speak to someone, there Secure questions should be updated every time a new card has been set as a direct debit, is there any way around speaking to someone on live chat without the app or a signed in account, as I even tried to make a new account and it said I had to wait 48 hours before I could sign in on the app, and it’s been a week since I made that new account and it still comes up saying I have to wait 48 hours before it will sign in on the app and it says to speak to someone on the live chat so they can look into it for me if it’s been longer then 48 hours but as you know it takes you to the app to speak to a real person on live chat and I can’t sign in on ether account to speak on live chat, so it’s just a massive circle and nothing gets done, they really need to look into this situation, also my app is currently updated to the latest firmware so that’s not the problem either. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

The app can be a bit particular, @ReeceCharlton95 - if you can log in via a browser to accounts.o2.co.uk/signin then uninstall the app, reboot your handset and reinstall the app.

If you can't login via browser then you need to contact O2 via 202 Guide: How to find help & contact O2  or via Social Media, the ways are shown in the link below. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2