Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple problems with Iphone 13 pro max and o2

Zoot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone else out there experiencing issues with O2 and the I phone 13 pro max. Ive had mine for 4 weeks now and it has never worked properly. Variety of issues. Spent hours in shop, on the phone and online and the tech guys have been looking at issues. Initially, my texts weren't coming though, my visual voicemail not working, repeated call fails. Tried everything, restart, airplane mode toggle, network reset, full reset, change of sim card. It now seems after 4 weeks that I might be getting text messages and some visual voicemail functionality but I dont get notifications. Additionally there are times when I am notified of an unknown caller only to find that it is one of my contacts. Some have phone agains immediately to test and the caller ID shows. Nobody appears to be helping. I need my phone for work and I am loosing client's. This morning the call fail has been so bad that I have spent an hour trying to call work contacts with no luck. My wife has Giffgaff and this is O2 net and her phone works fine. I am reasonable with tech and have tried all the fixes. One of the techs let slip that they knew about an issue but I got no further info. I have asked for the contact details of a senior manager to escalate this and I don't get it. I am sick of the phone and frankly the contract sold by O2 is not fit for purpose. Is anyone else having these problems atm. Does anyone have any idea how I might get a fully functioning service. I have been 90 minutes now with call fails in spite of 3-4 bars of signal.I have waited for 4 weeks before going public. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Zoot 

I assume you have checked for network issues?

O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Zoot
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes. Tried everything. 

Message 3 of 7

DavidAllan
  • 29 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At the moment there are several issues with O2. I’m having the same issues but my SMS issue I’d with one time passcodes. My local store had to phone customer services who were useless. But they eventually got through to the network team who have said they’re going to look into my account. 

Consensus is that this isn’t one single issue but rather a few different issues causing problems. 

Usually when I have the call failed issue, rebooting my phone clears it up but that hasn’t worked this morning. Personally I just think O2 are tired of me calling 😂

A manager in my store said what will probably have to happen is to have my number completely removed from the network and then re add it. But that was described as a last resort.  

There are others having the same issues, it might be best for O2 to create a pinned thread for these issues. 

Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9847 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

@Zoot 

Have you tried a full factory reset of the iPhone 13, as are you on the latest IOS version, as this fixes some bugs. 

I have removed from our catalogue at work the iPhone 13 range and the latest Pixels a they are just a pile of crap. 

--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 5 of 7

Zoot
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep. Done all that. Currently receiving calls but havent been able to connect on dialing all morning. Cant even ring voicemail

Message 6 of 7

DavidAllan
  • 29 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Much the same here. My usual trick of rebooting the handset isn't resolving it anymore. Might just need to wait it out I'm afraid. 

Message 7 of 7