cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from EE to O2. I've received SIM. What now?

Realdeal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have received my o2 SIM after ordering on the 22nd. I'm a bit confused on what I do. I received a text about a SIM swap but it's not working. Am I supposed to be doing a SIM swap? What's the procedure when moving from another network? I gave my EE PAC code when I made the order but I've got a new O2 number, is that a temporary number?

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7089 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

All in this guide

You need a PAC off EE to give to O2

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7089 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

All in this guide

You need a PAC off EE to give to O2

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23477 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@Realdeal If you've already given your PAC to O2 you probably need to call them again to follow up. Keep in mind that O2 doesn't port numbers on the weekend, so it's unlikely now that anything will change before next week, but you should call today anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Upgrade_Guru
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The o2 number is a temp number yes, If you gave the PAC code to o2 at the time of ordering your sim then the PAC request will be actioned by the relevant team, you can call to check, but id assume your EE number will have moved over by the latest Tuesday. As mentioned above Porting numbers is not actioned on weekends.

“I work for O2/Virgin Media but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Virgin Media O2.”
Message 4 of 5

Realdeal
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys. I called O2 to confirm and they said my number should be ported over on Monday. Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5