Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Router SIM

Frenchie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just bought a mobile Router for travelling in the EU.  I just wondered if anyone on here has used one of these units with an O2 SIM and if they used a PAYG or monthly contract for it. How does it work with mobile numbers as I want to keep my current number in my mobile phone so would I be able to use the new SIM card number just for the route? I'm not very technical so any help will be much appreciated. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Frenchie1 

They won't work in EU, sorry.

They are for UK use only.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Frenchie1 

They won't work in EU, sorry.

They are for UK use only.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Frenchie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5,  I've just managed to get through to O2 Customer services and yes, the adviser said the mobile SIM won't work for the router abroad so she is to send a SIM that is not a mobile SIM (if that makes any sense, me not being techy).  When I receive it I have to ring O2 to then select what kind of service I need eg GBs etc.  I did ask before i saw your reply if O2 SIM for a router would work in the EU hence a different one being sent. My O2 SIM works for my mobile normally but just had a niggle if mobile SIM would be ok for the router.  Thank you for your help.  I'll keep you all posted if it's what I need. 

Message 3 of 3