Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location services not working

Chucklebus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After a couple of months tearing my hair out and getting unhelpful responses from O2 I spoke to someone today who fixed my problem. A while back I accidentally removed age verification from my kids phones and couldn’t re-enable it. I called O2 and they re-enabled it. However I noticed shortly afterwards that iPhone ‘find my phone’ and Life360 wouldn’t locate my kids phones. I asked O2 through the support chat and they said there was no relationship between age verification and location services, and told me the phone settings must be wrong. After a trip to the Apple shop and a full reset, I proved it had nothing to do with the phone. I spoke to an O2 agent again today and asked them to remove age restrictions to prove it, which they did and hey presto it now works. So, O2, there definitely is a relationship between age restrictions and location services at an account configuration level. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Randomloginname
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve finally solved the issue. Similarly to yours it was caused by an adult content block. O2 assured me several times there were no restrictions. When I turned 18+ verification for my daughter’s iPhone in the My O2 app the issue was resolved. I believe it is a bug in the O2 software as my son has the adult block without issues.

Message 11 of 15

Oxonian
  • 5874 Posts
  • 101 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Randomloginname 

Excellent news that you have resolved it. 😀

Message 12 of 15

HaveABanana
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having exactly the same issue on my Childs PAYG O2 iPhone11 with Parental Controls enabled affecting "Find-My" iOS functionality.

Disable O2 Parental controls - all "Find-My" functionality returns.

Re-enable O2 Parental controls - "Find-My" functionality stops working.

As a parent, this is a serious safeguarding issue - I want to enable parental controls to prevent access to innaproriate content via mobile data as a sensible parental precaution, but not at the expense of not knowing where my child is!

As seen mentioned on another post on here, my child's AppleID DOB in use on their iPhone is correct for their age yet "Find-My" functionality works perfectly as expected with O2 parental controls disabled, so that cannot be connected in anyway - as I said above - enable O2 Parental controls and the functionality stops. , disable it and functionality returns.

As an aside - when enabled this also affects mobile data connectivity of my child's TransDev bus-pass App, specifically the live bus-tracking functionality and ability to update/renew bus-tickets - it complains "No Internet Access" when O2 parental control is enabled (which explains the bus-tracking and ticket issues perfectly) - so the O2 Parental controls are somehow blocking that App from accessing mobile data/connectivity via the internet.  Again - disable O2 Parental controls and the TransDev Bus App functionality returns.

I realise this isn't an O2 support forum as such, but if anyone can point me in the direction of someone vaguley technical at O2 to raise this i'd appreciate it - i've had two very long and very frustrating calls with various O2 Customer support personnel on 202 already either completely mis-understanding the problem, being passed from pillar to post and team to team, faced with the usual "take it to the Apple Store" or "restart the iPhone" nonsense - with both calls ending in being abruptly being cut-off whilst being "transferred", so back to square one again.

Message 13 of 15

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6649 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

@HaveABanana I'll as @Dave-O2 our Forum Manager is he knows who to pass this on to.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 14 of 15

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 658 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks @Enlli 

@HaveABanana Can you please drop me a PM with some more details including the mobile number linked to the account and some screenshots of any errors when trying to use the Find My service.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 15 of 15