cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please sim swap problem (possibly!)

Rctk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I've hit a wall here. I've not been getting mobile data for some weeks, wasn't a problem but yesterday decided to call to find out what was going on. Customer service decided it was a 4g thing and told me to turn my phone on and off and reset the device saying that it should activate within 24 hours. Instead to my horror everything network wise now doesn't work. Importantly for me no outward or inward bound calls. They sent me a new sim 'just in case' which arrived today . I've followed all he instructions to the letter but getting a 'not connected to a network' message despite the phone recognising the new sim as active. Don't have a landline and cant find a chatbox. Help please!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Do you have access to another working phone/sim @Rctk?

You could try your sim in the other phone, and the other sim in your phone.

If not, try removing the sim and giving it a clean with a soft, dry cloth.

The new sim would be blank I think, so would not have your number on it and so would not work.

If you want to swap to it, follow the instructions in the guide below.

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If you are still stuck then the two guides below have a few numbers to try, and tips on how to get through (including an 0800 number which you can call for free on Skype).

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Do you have access to another working phone/sim @Rctk?

You could try your sim in the other phone, and the other sim in your phone.

If not, try removing the sim and giving it a clean with a soft, dry cloth.

The new sim would be blank I think, so would not have your number on it and so would not work.

If you want to swap to it, follow the instructions in the guide below.

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If you are still stuck then the two guides below have a few numbers to try, and tips on how to get through (including an 0800 number which you can call for free on Skype).

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 2