Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular Apple Watch - ‘No Connection’

NigelRob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am completely at my wits end with the conflicting information provided by O2 staff and the way in which escalations have been completely ignored for almost 3 weeks.

Looking through previous posts, my problem is not unique but I have no idea how to proceed now. Basically, since I signed up to a cellular plan with O2, my watch has failed to connect to the network and it repeatedly displays ‘No connection’. Having been assured by O2 that the watch must be faulty, I went to great lengths with Apple to convince them to take it into their repair hub for analysis. Unsurprisingly, they have now come back with confirmation that there is nothing wrong with the watch.

Because of my many fruitless interactions with O2 staff, I decided to cancel the cellular watch plan before sending the watch off to Apple, so I could start off afresh when the watch or a replacement came back.

I am mentally exhausted by this whole saga, that I am unsure whether to bother trying to reconnect the watch. Is there anyone from O2 support who is willing to take personal ownership while I attempt this connection process again please?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36078 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Your answer WILL be found in Activate Apple Watch Guide - including who to reach out to, if required, at each stage. Note that O2's Social Media team can take a couple of days to come back, so keep nudging every so often, you will get an engineer who will work with you until resolved that way. Good luck, @NigelRob.

Message 2 of 5

NigelRob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much for your help. 🤞🏻 

Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5853 Posts
  • 100 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@NigelRob 

When you say that your ".....escalations have been completely ignored for almost 3 weeks", are you suggesting that you have lodged a formal complaint ? If you have, you might find it difficult to get O2's social media team - or any other O2 team - to engage with you whilst there is an open complaint on file. 

As complaints are taking up to eight weeks for O2 to investigate and respond to, I would suggest that you do not want to complain if you have not already done so ; @pgn has set out the way forward for you. 👍  

Message 4 of 5

NigelRob
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your comments. It’s clear that O2 has some serious problems with their back-end systems, which are unbelievably flaky and I’m off at the earliest opportunity. Shockingly bad customer service (oxymoron). 

Message 5 of 5