Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP....Emergency Calls Only since Virgin/o2 Migration

m-lady
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone offer some advice on how to resolve this please, I know there have been various issues following the migration.

We have 2 x SIM only monthly contracts previously with Virgin for many years and now o2 since June/July.  Following the migration there were no issues with my mobile (Motorola G6) but the other, a Huawei P30 Lite cannot make or receive calls or texts and displays "Emergency Calls Only".  I'm sure it's an issue with the phone because the Huawei SIM card works fine in my phone and shows 02-UK at the top.

The Huawei is unlocked and shows various networks when searching but when asked to register on o2 it says registration failed.

Thinking it may be related to APN settings I have text  ACTIVE to 2020 four times but each time I get an response saying they are busy and to try later.  I did get through to o2 yesterday but then got cut off!

Can anyone confirm what the APN settings should be?

I have compared the APN settings on the two phones which are as follows:-

Name: O2 Mobile Web (both)

APN:  mobile.o2.co.uk (both)

Proxy: Not set (both)

Port: Not set (both)

Username: o2web (both)

Password: ******** (both)

Server: Not set (both)

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy - Not set (mine 82.132.254.1)

MMS Port - Not set (mine 8080) 

MCC: 234 (both)

MNC: 10 (both)

Authentication type: None (both)

APN Type: default,supl,hipri,ia,mms,xcap (mine Not set)

APN protocol: IPv4 (both)

APN roaming protocol: IPv4 (both)

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified (both)

MVNO type: None (both)

MVNO value: Not set (both)

Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@m-lady 

Try resetting your network settings first

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

m-lady
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you but unfortunately that didn't work.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@m-lady 

Are you sure the phone is unlocked?

PS. It's not an issue with the apn as that wouldn't stop the network connection completely.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 11

m-lady
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It was purchased as an unlocked refurb from The Big Phone Store. Other than trying a different SIM card in it is there any other way to check? Thank you!

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

You can check here @m-lady 

CheckMEND The world's most comprehensive device check

Message 6 of 11

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@m-lady 

I suppose that you could contact The Big Phone Store ; maybe they overlooked unlocking it ? 

They might be prepared to do an exchange ?  

Message 7 of 11

m-lady
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will double check with them. The odd thing is that texts/calls worked fine with Virgin and has very occasionally worked with o2 but not recently.  I'll take it into a local o2 shop and see what they say.

Thank you both for your help.

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@m-lady 

With that additional info it sounds more likely to be a faulty sim card reader in the phone.

OEM help here HUAWEI P30 lite Repair and Service | HUAWEI Support Global

Message 9 of 11

m-lady
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for suggesting it may be a faulty sim card reader, I will raise a warranty repair.

Message 10 of 11