Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Ultra does not work correctly

Milkybar-12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i am having issues in that you cannot send or make calls/texts through the watch. Tried everything including calling O2 numerous times and visiting a local O2 shop but no-one can help. Been waiting most of the day for technical team to call me but still waiting. Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Monzor86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I have just managed to find my answer. Will test it later today. The phone must still be switched on and connected to either Wi-Fi or Cellular Network and the watch apparently still works.

If the phone is out of battery, then it will not work. I'm sure this should work either way. The 2 plans should be connected so it doesn't matter if the phone is connected?

Message 11 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11483 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Monzor86 

This is how Samsung have designed it to work, and every global network says this, and this is from Telus, Verizon and they all say the same...

Yes, if your Samsung Galaxy Watch is connected to a cellular network or Wi-Fi, your watch can do everything that it normally does, even if your Samsung smartphone isn't nearby. Your paired Samsung smartphone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or the TELUS network to send or receive text messages and email.

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149077 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@Monzor86 wrote:

I think I have just managed to find my answer. Will test it later today. The phone must still be switched on and connected to either Wi-Fi or Cellular Network and the watch apparently still works.

If the phone is out of battery, then it will not work. I'm sure this should work either way. The 2 plans should be connected so it doesn't matter if the phone is connected?

@Monzor86 

Yes, that's how Android devices work.

The phone must be on and connected regardless.

Not the same for Apple devices.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 13