Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch Ultra - Emergency calls only

Coinup
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I went in to my local o2 store where I bought the watch from, and the eSim for the watch was setup in front of me, via a QR code.

But since looking further into it later on, under settings on my S24+ the eSim for the watch is saying 'emergency calls only'. I have spent all yesterday evening trying to get the watch to use its own eSim, but no joy. I have noticed other people having similar problems on other forums i.e. EE, so is it a bug on o2s side or Samsung or just not setup correctly?

Also do I really need an Airtime plan for the watch?, as I would probably  never need to use it as my watch and S24+ are always close together.

Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11273 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Coinup 

Take it back and buy it from Samsung or John Lewis as o2 only sell it with an Airtime Plan, if it is under 14days since you bought it..

The esim in watches can only be used for data anyway, so you need to make sure all the settings are correct on the S24+

Guide: Connecting your Samsung Smartwatch might help... 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

PumpkinJuice
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently been through the same thing. Exactly.

However I managed to get this working. 

For easier reference il add my full steps here: 

I ordered the watch direct from Samsung so was not easy. 

Once the watch arrived, this was set up like normal. 

I knew I needed an Esim so after hours of looking and being told to go to the shop, found an easier way. 

I called O2 on 202 (as I currently have a contract with o2) and asked could i set up a watch Esim. 

This was £7 rolling contract

Once ordered, this popped up on the o2 app, I mistakenly clicked install. (do not do this as it installs to your current mobile, not the watch. 

Go to MyO2 and under devices can select install new sim. This allows you to view the needed QR code. However if you do install it, just select, request new esim. Minutes later it appears as a QR code on your account. 

Go to the watch and select add mobile data plan, scan the QR code and this is now linked

However!!! this also showed as emergency calls only. 

The next step is what worked. 

On your mobile, go to Call and text on other devices  make sure this is on. However, my watch was NOT appearing. and still displaying as emergency calls only. 

The trick now!

Open teh Wear app - Go to Watch Settings - Advanced Features - Remote connection - Call on other devices - Turn this on!

Once this is enabled on both the wear app aka the watch, and your phone. it works!

Hope this helps as seen allot of stick recently. 

You do not need to go to a shop 

You do need an Esim 

You do Need call on other devices enabled on both 

To verify, if you go back to the phone settings, search call & text on other devices. You should now see your watch appear here ready for usage. 

Message 3 of 3