Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage

LizQ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So for the last couple of days I’ve had no signal ( 3G or 4G ) when I’ve been away from my home where I have wifi! I’ve checked online ( obviously when I’ve been at home ) and O2 says there’s a mast fault in my area! I work every day, and spend a lot of time in addition to that, away from my house, and to be uncontactable for hours and hours every day is completely unacceptable! I have elderly parents who rely on me aswell as my family! If there’s a way of connecting that I don’t know about please can you advise me or let me know how much longer this fault is likely to go on for? Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

See if these links help @LizQ 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Other than that

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

See if these links help @LizQ 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Other than that

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Hi @LizQ - @jonsie has already shared some info on the Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? that might work - it sounds like you've already used the O2 network status checker.

If you have no signal in multiple places, follow the tips in the guide about checking your phone and its SIM card.

If you have access to Wifi at your work (as you mention you have it at home), then you can check if your phone supports VoWiFi, voice over WiFi - this will let you make and receive voice calls when connected to a good WiFi signal - but you won't be able to get SMS messages when using VoWiFi (nor is there a suitable replacement for SMS when you have no mobile/cellphone signal that I know of).

Some info here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling

Meantime, as mentioned in the guide above, keep using the Network Troubleshooting Tool that O2 provide, daily, if you can - every check pushes the issue up O2's priority list.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3