Did you mean: 

Cannot send SMS to UK Mobile number over the Pay Monthly message centre

QuantumLeaper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone

We use a third-party SMS provider to send and receive SMS messages.  The provider has issued a UK mobile number which most people can send an SMS to without issue.

However, after some investigation and testing, we have found that only customers on the O2 Pay Monthly message centre cannot send an SMS message to the number. It outright fails and give the exclamation mark symbol.

But, customers on the Pay as you go message centre can send to it without issue.

The third-party is a US company I think but the mobile number issued is a UK number mobile number and all other networks can send to it fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149952 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@QuantumLeaper 

Sounds like something your sms provider needs to resolve with the way they have their gateway configured.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

japitts
Level 8: Talented
  • 238 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@QuantumLeaper wrote:

We use a third-party SMS provider to send and receive SMS messages.  The provider has issued a UK mobile number which most people can send an SMS to without issue.

If this means that you've changed the SMSC number within your phone's settings to this "third party" provider, then you'll need to ask them. It's the SMSC that provides the routing for SMS, and by not using the O2 network - you have taken them out-of-the-loop and they have no involvement.

Your post also refers to "customers on the PAYG message centre" - so what exactly have you done, to put your messages through this third-party rather than O2?

Message 3 of 3