Did you mean: 

Can't receive SMS Text Messages

AFrustratedUser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I can’t receive any text messages on your networks for at least one month (and can’t tell how long before, as you’re not always expecting to get a text message). I’ve exchanged a SIM card in the o2 branch and checked with an employee - it’s not a SIM or device issue, as text messages were not working on the previous SIM and are not working on the actual SIM. Other SIMs are working fine with my device, and text messages are not coming in even if the SIM card is inserted into another phone with another operating system (Android instead of iOS I am using). I’ve been calling o2 many times, and no one is doing anything regarding this matter while I am cut from various services: can’t receive bank/ apps/ communicators authentication text messages; can’t receive overtime offers from my employer; couldn’t receive (and reply) to any of the festive season text messages, which made me rude in front of my private and work colleagues; can’t receive any text messages from the University, Student Office, any offers, etc., losing the horrendous amount of money every day. I am spending the majority of my spare time to have this issue looked into and fixed, while no one seems to be interested. During one of my various calls on 31.12.2022, I was told that the technical team couldn’t contact me as “a previous adviser did not enter my name in the form correctly” (sic!), I asked for someone from the technical team to call me back, so someone tried - the call lasted two seconds and was dropped. After waiting another 15 mins, I was surprised that no one tried to call again; I called o2 once more, telling them that I will postpone any planned calls to have my line “free” I’ve not been calling anyone, just waiting for a call from the technical team to have my problem sorted ASAP, but of course, no one treated me with respect, and no one called me back. Today - 2.01.2023, I tried again, begging for someone to treat me with respect and fix my problem. I was told that someone “will call me back till Friday”, which means NOTHING regarding fixing my issue will happen for another three days. I’m not having an essential service for at least a month, and no one is interested in fixing it.

I’ve been also trying to provide as many details as possible to cut the road to resolution. I will do it again below, in case this e-mail is finally found by someone who will do something to fix this issue:

Almost two years ago I bought an e-sim with UK’s number from esim.net. After a few weeks of using it, I switched the contract to the EE network, converting the e-SIM card to a physical one during this process. Then, after 10-12 days, EE’s technical team contacted me about a porting issue that affected text messages, but everything was finally sorted out and was working fine. Then, after a few months, I was lured with a very nice offer by Three network, so I decided to move my number there. All was working fine since the moment I lost a SIM card - this was the beginning of my problems. After requesting a new card and inserting it into my iPhone, I’ve lost the ability to turn on iMessage and FaceTime (as the activation is done by so-called hidden message, realised through an ordinary SMS service, between the SIM card and Apple’s servers) and receive text messages from (at least) two “short number” authentication services. Three blamed Apple, and this started my six-month-long fight with Three to have my services running. Three did not want to provide an internal technical ticket number (to allow Apple to work with technical teams on their levels), telling me that this is a device problem (I’ve changed an iPhone twice), then a contract problem (they forced me to cancel the contract which was meant to end in 3 months and start another one, forcing me to start new 24 months contract), SIM problem (exchanged five times), then settings issue (I’ve proven them that any other card, including their network one’s are working fine; FaceTime and iMessage are registered within seconds, and all text messages are working fine). Apple concluded after six months that they did all the checks, incl. collecting deep logging from my devices, data from their servers, etc., and told me that there was no chance that the problem is on their side. I told Three that this is their issue, it needs to be something with porting, and suddenly they called me with a single “we fixed it, turn off and turn on your phone again and it should work”. No sorry, no nothing, but I was happy as my FaceTime and iMessage started working. Then after some time, I stopped getting text messages from two of my bank services, so I decided that this is enough; I cancelled the contract and moved to the o2 network. Everything worked fine, excluding only one bank, so I thought it was a coincidence and related to a specific bank. While they never replied to my report of technical issues, I’ve just changed the bank and “problem fixed”. Suddenly, since December, when I tried to log in to another banking service that previously worked without any issues - none of the authentication text messages were coming through. Then I checked with another service and just realised that none of the text messages could be received. As you already know, changing my SIM card did not resolve the issue, which is persisting, making me lose money, private and work-related personal value, and my time and making me stressed, anxious and frustrated. Maybe someone here has any shortcut to reach a competent technical person who could fix this issue?

Best,

Jakub

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12235 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1136 Solutions

You've been given a proper run-around by customer services @AFrustratedUser , so I'll mention the community advisor on duty this morning.

Can you see if you can help @O2Ryan ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 3 of 7

dsheth
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Ryan I have been ported from lyca to o2, and now I cannot receive any SMS or OTPs. Because of that, I cannot set up my accounts on bank or imessages. Please help me. I tried to reach out to chat support, but there was no help.

Message 4 of 7

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @dsheth ill send you a private message now.

signature
Message 5 of 7

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 33 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I’ve had a similar issue since 16/12/2022. Can’t receive WhatsApp verification codes. Today on the 6th January I’ve found out I can’t make calls or send sms to contacts that are with EE.

What do I do my case has been Escalated and No reply from the advisors I private messaged. I’ve found out today about the issue about not being able to contact people so know who are with EE. Honestly a month of waiting can’t switch to new phone now I can’t make calls to some of my contacts. It’s ridiculous service how long do I have to wait

Message 6 of 7

thefunkygibbon
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

did you get this resolved?  getting similar issues and I've just found out that people on EE can't message me either 

Message 7 of 7