Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barred

SuperMario
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello my iPhone has been barred and need to undo the bar once and for all. Customer service have tried once to undo it to no avail. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks for the tag@pgn 

@SuperMario Please drop me a PM with your number and some more details and i'll take a closer look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Why was it barred, @SuperMario? Was it reported lost, or did you miss payments?  Nobody here has access to your account, so you will have to persist with O2 either via  0800 902 0217, the free-to-call Payment Management line, or via Social Media on Twitter or Facebook or Instagram.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Best chance of getting through is calling at 8 am. The list of Bars applied to a lost phone is here: Guide: O2 BARs - your handset, the SIM and your account all need to be checked by O2. If you cannot access a phone or landline, Guide: A Guide to Skype works via a data WiFi connection.

The link below has those Social Media access methods in it. Good luck!

Message 2 of 18

SuperMario
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

the agent I spoke to via phone was very much confused about how this iPhone was marked as lost and for replacement by O2 Insurance. I don’t have any sort of insurance with O2 anyway. She put it down to a mix up via webchat and offered £10 credit as a goodwill gesture. She said she had requested a reversal of the actions on the account and that it would take up to 24h to unbar the device although it mostly happens immediately. Still waiting 24h later now. I had the iPhone off as well at times. My Apple watch mobile plan also lost connectivity. What if I go to a O2 Store? Will they be able to help or do I need to keep calling them instead?

Message 3 of 18

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Follow @pgn advice

But just to say you are the third this week, so O2 have a problem.

Still no reason why they can't unbar it

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 18

SuperMario
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 want to replace my iPhone with a ‘like new’ one as they don’t seem to be able to undo the bar? I refused this option as my iPhone has 100% battery life, recently replaced at my own expense and no cosmetic issues! Can anyone help with this? I need the IMEI to be removed from the blacklist ideally! 

Message 5 of 18

pgn
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

That option has been used in previous cases where the bar, for some reason, refuses to be taken off the handset, @SuperMario - you may have marginally better luck going into an O2 Shop, with photo id. At least in a shop, any replacement, if offered, can be checked out... Good luck!

Message 6 of 18

SuperMario
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you! I still want the bar to be removed on the phone I have as I can’t deal with having to install it all back from a backup, call apple to transfer applecare+ etc

Message 7 of 18

SuperMario
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To your knowledge @pgn , is there any agent from O2 on this forum that could give it another go and try to remove the bar?

Message 8 of 18

pgn
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

None whatsoever. The Forum Manager usually is around from 9ish, not sure if he can help further, but we can tag him @Dave-O2 and you can follow up with a private message to him later. Clutching at straws, though. Good luck!

Message 9 of 18

Cellro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@SuperMario the same

thing has happened to me - looks like on the same day. I still have no service despite spending half of Friday in o2 store. Have you had any luck getting it sorted?

Message 10 of 18